Picasso air/con problem

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Kirkhamgates
My Cars:

Picasso air/con problem

Post by Kirkhamgates »

My Picasso blower does not blow out of the foot ducts on both sides. With winter upon us I am driving around with hot face and ice cold feet. Before anyone asks, yes I have the setting pointng to feet but the heat still blows on my face and nothing down below. Can anybody please help.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I haven't looked at a Picasso closely for a couple of years but I'd suspect the bowden cable behind the heater control has become unclipped or the cable has bent, not sure about this but I think that if you remove the radio (unclip the side panels to get the the screws) you may be able to see whats happening with the cables. I take it your picasso is the original shape with manual heater controls?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Kirkhamgates
My Cars:

Post by Kirkhamgates »

I don't know anything about cars, but it's a 2005 Picasso Exclusive. Any ideas?
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

I presume this has the automatic aircon system (not quite full climate control but not knob operated dials ie controls are all electric/button operated) my initial guess would be the little servo motor that directs the airflow is either faulty or the actual air con control unit is at fault, when you operate the button that controls the direction of flow do the arrows move on the (orange) display? I'd be tempted to stick my head into the footwell & listen to see if you can hear the motor operating when you operate the direction flow button, if you can't hear the motor operate then try testing it by seeing if there is a power feed to the motor when the button is operated. NB this power feed is likely to come via the BSI unit & not necessarily direct from the A/C dash mounted control unit, i would need a specific wiring diagram to determine this which i don't have access too :(
Music keeps me going.
Kirkhamgates
My Cars:

Post by Kirkhamgates »

Thanks Quintet
I can press the direction button for airflow (display is green) which changes to windscreen/feet - face/feet - windscreen/face and each one on its own. But although everything else appears to work o.k. nothing at all comes out of both feet ducts. Bearing in mind I know nothing about cars, what do you think regarding the first reply about taking out the radio and would I be able to see anything?
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

Removing the radio is fine but i don't think you'll see much as the control unit just has wires going into it, just flick up the flaps at either side of the radio then gently pull them off the upper pivots and then remove the radio screws, for this you will need a Torx 20 (T20) driver (the radio is coded but don't worry about that as the code is stored in the cars radio & it's BSI so it wont need re-coding although you will probably have to re-tune it IF you actually disconnect its wiring plugs). If you do remove the radio you MIGHT be able to see the actual heater control servo motors (there's 3 in total) mounted on the drivers side of the heater unit, IF you can see them check the connector (2 pin) plugs are secure.
Music keeps me going.