Vintage Visa À Vendre......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

frenchcarnut

Vintage Visa À Vendre......

Post by frenchcarnut »

.....well it's been bought (and brought) to our attention on Visa Forums.

Loathe them or love them - and they ARE an acquired taste, this seems a splendid specimen.

04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Re: Vintage Visa À Vendre......

Post by Citroening »

frenchcarnut wrote:Loathe them or love them - and they ARE an acquired taste
Absolutely...but I love them! Especially our 14TRS too. 8-)

The Beige car looks lovely...shame it's going to Ireland and not staying here though! :(
Franklin
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Never been a huge fan but those wheel trims need to go :wink:

At work last week i had to supply a visa front indicator (when was the last time you were asked for one of those...or had one on the shelf :lol: )

And today i helped a Citroen C15 owner (Visa based van) with a pair of headlamps.....

In fact today was quite a good Citroen day as i also had an enquiry for some 2cv headlamps which were a very resonable 20 odd quid for original Valeo units :wink:

I love the citroen enquiries...especially old stuff :wink:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

My formative driving years were spent in Visas so I have a soft spot for them (I learnt to drive in a Super just like that, well apart from the rust and it was pale blue!). They are far better than the Fiestas etc of the same era! The PRN controls are the best :lol:
Richard W
frenchcarnut

Re: Vintage Visa À Vendre......

Post by frenchcarnut »

Citroening wrote:
frenchcarnut wrote:Loathe them or love them - and they ARE an acquired taste
Absolutely...but I love them! Especially our 14TRS too. 8-)
Yes I do like your family's Visa. The colour is especially appealing whilst overall the car looks immaculate.

Never thought I could like a Visa (deriving a van out of it is neither here nor there for me, although I'm learning to like/love mine), but your maroon example is the visual equivalent of being very 'moreish'¹ i.e I keep going back for more....pictures.

¹'moreish', 'morish', or 'moorish' - could never find a dictionary officially supporting such a word other than the latter which only ever referred to Muslim invaders of Spain aka the Moors.
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

I have a soft spot for them too :D I was sold one for £200 when I started out at my job.. a pale blue left hand drive .. it was possibly the most reliable car I had owned.. the exhaust fell off one day going to work.. I parked in a village on the kerb, took the only bus back to town and brought a new system, fitted it and took the rest of the day off :D

great little car :D