OCAP Suspension Parts

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

OCAP Suspension Parts

Post by addo »

I'd not heard of these until recently.

Malc sent me one of their droplinks for the 405, and one other brand, possibly Delphi (no identifier).

The OCAP one has fully welded ends, rather than pressed/fusion welded, and the rubber is of appreciably higher durometer than the comparable unbranded part.

It's impressive enough that I'd look for the brand again.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

More parts critiquing.

Lemförder are doing something that doesn't impress me.

Recently bought some tie rod ends. Noticed the box number was different to that spec'd in my order; checked and it still crossed to the correct PSA code. The difference - product of China! :shock:

So much for European quality... They'd changed the source, and part number suffix to reflect this - wonder if it is in fact the same as the "ERP" range of Peugeot/Citroën stuff now, rather than first rank?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Trouble is Adam, just about everything is made in China these days but you know, it doesn't automatically equal bad quality..

Also I expect Lemförder lay down quality specs that the Chines have to abide by...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I both agree and disagree. :lol: Yes, you would expect the company to be fairly stringent about the quality.

However - if parts are same quality, why change the part number? I've had iffy Lemförder bits before. The most consistent jointed bits "out of the box" I have observed, are TRW and Moog.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

a freind of mine wont use ECP's any more, after prob's with there Padgit labled produced under licence brake parts, being of substanderd quality,

so this could also apply to Lemförder labled parts

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The pattern parts thread continues...

I just plonked down about $250 (posted) for a half dozen AL4 electrovalves

It'll be interesting to see how "genuine" they are. I half suspect the officially sourced ones are identical.