C3 1.4i Petrol filter location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Painterman
My Cars:

C3 1.4i Petrol filter location

Post by Painterman »

Hi,

Can anybody tell me where (if there is one ) the petrol filter is located on a C3 1.4i TU3JP. I put the Reg number on the Europarts site and it states it has got one, so I ordered it along with the other service parts. It's a metal canister inline type. I've looked alaround the fuel tank, followed the fuel pipes but I can't see it ! Help !

Thanks in advance.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If it's only got one pipe going to the fuel rail then (ie no return) then id doese'nt have a fuel filter.
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

wheeler wrote:If it's only got one pipe going to the fuel rail then (IE no return) then id doesn't have a fuel filter.
What wheeler said :wink:
The (petrol) C3 does not have a filter as such, all it has is a filter built into the pump inside the fuel tank although if I'm not mistaken i think Citroen recommended the tank & pump be changed once every 10 years :shock: whether i recall that correctly is debatable but i can't see the owner of any 10 y/o c3 replacing a seemingly sound tank & pump!
Music keeps me going.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Can't say i've ever heard that about replacing the tank & pump at a set interval & like you say it would be silly do do it on a 10 year old car. It's a bit like the replacing the pyrotecnic components idea after 10/15 years. It would cost way more than what the car is worth.
The 'filter' on the fuel pump pickup is really more of a strainer, not really designed for fine filtering.