Vince's XM...213k and slowing....

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
KP

Unread post by KP »

eye steve :) PMPL

Kev, those be activa roads me thinks :D
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by red_dwarfers »

It depends what you call Activa roads, if wizzing round many blind bends is your thing then yes :lol: Thats the trouble with all these big hedges, if they weren't there then it would be ideal Activa territory, much like from what I've seen up your way, lots of big fences instead!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
vince

Unread post by vince »

i have managed to find a little country backroad diversion from Paignton to Brixham...nice suspension working road with a mean humpback bridge but plenty blind bends :)

Id love the tank thingy Kev but my missus and kids would rather spend hours at the beach :roll:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
KP

Unread post by KP »

No fences near me on my good route :) lots of short trimmed hedges :D

But roads being english are too poor to get the activa/swift round at speed before they skitter.
vince

Unread post by vince »

Well the sun is shining today and im not going anywhere near the car [-(

Ive managed to screw up my spoiler trying to re paint a bit where the paint was worn so until thats re painted professionally then i cant be fussed with it :lol: I reckon that will lighten me of around £150 :roll:

Oh well at least the starting problem has been put to bed and there are no more knocks and rattles now that the arm bushes and drop links have been done :) Just a set of tyres to get next and the spoiler re painted. Then get the front fogs re wired up, the heater fixed, the dash bulbs replaced....replacement side rubbing strips for the front doors a new leather interior put in and ill be about done :P

Dont think i'll be making any more shows this year :( My assistant manager at work decided to leave so yours truly will be doing two people's jobs until his replacement starts in 6 weeks :roll:

Never mind....there's still that 14 million to one chance that ill win the lottery on wednesday :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
vince

Unread post by vince »

At last.....The new seats are back home :P

Through a message given to Jim i am now the owner of a full set of beige leather seats from a MK1 :wink: Thanks Jim for the tip off.

After getting home last night at 7pm from picking them up i cleaned them up with Autoglym leather cleaner and they are in very good condition...the drivers seat has a few stubborn creases but no damage and cleaned up very well.

The best bit by far is i will now have a drivers seat arm rest :) I miss that from having one in my old peugeot 406 exclusive.

Today will be spent running errands no doubt but also i plan to swap over most if not all of the seats. Ive never done the front seats before so that will be a learning curve...hope they are easy enough [-o<

Once they are in i will need to dye my door cards over to plain black so that the interior is then colour coded beige and black throughout.

I coudnt find any photos of a beige leather Xantia interior anywhere on the net so i will take some of mine when its in :)
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Unread post by DickieG »

vince wrote:I coudnt find any photos of a beige leather Xantia interior anywhere on the net so i will take some of mine when its in :)
Here's one from my blog Vince, originally the interior was black leather but I changed the seats and door cards, normally the carpet would also be beige (and by now rather discoloured/aged) so having a black carpet is rather helpful.

Are your new seats electric? Fitting the rear ones will only take you 1/2 hour. What's the issue with door cards?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
vince

Unread post by vince »

Hi Richard,

The issue with door cards is that the guy didnt have any, so im stuck with the VSX ones. As a solution i have found a company who do DIY velour dye diesigned for auto interiors. Its £10 a can and a doddle apparently to use. If i dye the velour sections of my door cards black then the whole interior will be a mix of beige and black.....

I just put the front seats in and oh my god.....you know when you dont have exactly the right tool for the job...the front seat runner front bolt by the centre console requires a long reach screwdriver with a torx bit. I had the torx bit but not the long driver so those bolts had to be done holding the seat cushion back with my chin whilst using a manual screwdriver at an angle so that the bit kept falling back out of the bolt.

I greased the bolts up a bit to ease refitting but it still took everything out of me just doing those 2 seats so im leaving the rears for another day. Ive done rears before and your right they are easy enough.

As the saying goes....never again :roll: until next time :lol:
vince

Unread post by vince »

Hi Mike, yes manual seats.

Although im no longer a fan of VW's at least my passat seats had just one bolt you removed, the seats then slid out backwards out of their runners and whipping out the front seats literally took about 10 minutes for both.

What Citroen could have done is notched the front corner of the seat frame so you can get a straight access to the bolt. Its designed i think for a torx allen key set up....something with a 90 degree bend :roll:
vince

Unread post by vince »

DickieG wrote:
vince wrote:I coudnt find any photos of a beige leather Xantia interior anywhere on the net so i will take some of mine when its in :)
Here's one from my blog Vince, originally the interior was black leather but I changed the seats and door cards, normally the carpet would also be beige (and by now rather discoloured/aged) so having a black carpet is rather helpful.

Are your new seats electric? Fitting the rear ones will only take you 1/2 hour. What's the issue with door cards?
Richard my seats are a darker beige than the ones you have in your pic, also they do not have the pronounced side bolsters which i presume are the MK2 versions? I agree though on the dark carpets....a beige one doesnt stand a chance does it :roll:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Unread post by DickieG »

vince wrote:Richard my seats are a darker beige than the ones you have in your pic, also they do not have the pronounced side bolsters which i presume are the MK2 versions? I agree though on the dark carpets....a beige one doesnt stand a chance does it :roll:
TBH the seats in that photo do look a little on the light side from what they really do look like, beige carpets don't normally stand a chance but somehow the one's in my forthcoming BMW are still like new so I can only presume the accountant I'm buying it from and all of his passengers have only worn slippers in the car :lol: I'm not sure how long they will stay like that after I and Barney start to use it :(
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
vince

Unread post by vince »

There must be a product available like scotchguard for car carpets? That would come in handy for you id have thought....
vince

Unread post by vince »

Well gang, rain on my back be damned....the seats are all in :D

They look great in my opinion :P but now the door cards need dying very soon...it looks kind of daft with VSX checked door cards beige seats and a black floor carpet :lol:

Leather...Im loving it 8-)
Deanxm

Unread post by Deanxm »

Where's the piccies vince?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
XantiaMan

Unread post by XantiaMan »

vince wrote:There must be a product available like scotchguard for car carpets? That would come in handy for you id have thought....
Supagard used to have a scotch protection available as a package on new cars, i used to apply it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supagard-Interior ... 500wt_1154