peugeot citroen bosch fuel pump questions

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

305 van man
My Cars:

peugeot citroen bosch fuel pump questions

Post by 305 van man »

Does anybody have a peugeot citroen 2.1 IDI cable operated bosch injection pump on thier car? If so i would really appreciate it if somebody could tell me the bosch part number of their pump think it should start with 0460 so Pug bus can build me a 1.9bosch pump to 2.1 specifacations as im struggling to find a 2.1 pump to replace the lucas setup thats on the van at the moment. Also does anyone know if 1.9 bosch 175bar injectors fit in the 2.1 cylinder head cheers Jon
con67
My Cars:

Post by con67 »

Thats the part no.s for the xm 2.1 pump, the injectors are the same as 1.9xudt. I would use a 1.9xudt pump mate, from what I can gather from part no.s and what each bits fitted to its the same pump with better a camplate, the 2.1 camplate is fitted to lots of non turbo engines eg 1.7d astra, 1y vag, 1.8xud bx. I know a guy with 11mm bosch on the 2.1, it goes very, very well.
305 van man
My Cars:

bosch pump

Post by 305 van man »

would be interested to know more about the motor with 11mm head if you have anymore background. how did you know the cam plate is the same as 1Y vag? I only ask as the part numbers you show indicate 2.1 with 9mm head and i have a 1Y pump if its defo the same as 2.1 il use that cam plate. To be honest the XUD9 setup (1.9td bosch pump and 175bar injectors) doesnt seem to have as much poke as the standard 2.1 Xm lucas setup i had on origionally seems to have little power low down but pulls well mid range not much power top end compared to lucas aswel as running lumpy when cold. i have dialed this pump in using dti gauge but only to Xud9 settings as didnt have 2.1 bosch settings. Currently in negotiation for a full bosch set up off an early xantia. Didnt really want to start fiddling with this pumps fueling etc as its on my camper just wanted it to work and be reliable unlike the lucas ( it does allsorts of strange things surging on tickover etc) However my usual experience has been that if an xud9 has had a lucas fitted then fitting a bosch has been increased power considerably but in this case fitting the Xud9 bosch pump to xud11 seems to have gone back over!
con67
My Cars:

Post by con67 »

I use a bosch catalogue, will post the camplate part no. later. I used the 11mm head from a transit pump which can be got for £30 off the ebay, as for the 2.1 I mentioned I only know the owner not the guy that built it, afaik its changed hands a few times after it was built. Not sure why the xud9 setup felt slower than the lucas, lucas isnt as bad as made out vs bosch in standard form with regards to power but I agree theyre very unreliable!
305 van man
My Cars:

bosch vs lucas

Post by 305 van man »

To be fair the lucas had done many miles doing allsorts of weird and wonderfull/ worrying things but never let me down! Just seemed to have all its power in the wrong place for the gearing in my camper. have managed to get hold of a bosch setup hopefully have it on for the weekend with 2.1injectors 2 if they are actually any different from the 1.9 1s i dont know but at least its a matched setup. Con67 does your car smoke like a train with the 11mm transit head?
con67
My Cars:

Post by con67 »

The smoke is more to do with the setup of the pump rather than the head size, if anything set up properly it should give less smoke for the same torque as the fuel is injected in a shorter space of time if you understand. Its definately a good upgrade, the equivelent of bigger nossles on a tdi! The lucas injectors might break a bit lower ie earlier, could be not to bad, will probs need to retard the timing but maybe not, I set it by ear as no 2 engines are the same especailly when trying differnt matches of parts. Make a blog!
305 van man
My Cars:

bosch pump

Post by 305 van man »

I understand what you are saying i am waiting for a bosch pump to arrive at the mo but no its not on the bracket so would like to know if anyone knows the correct setting for the 2.1 so i can set it up correctly with a dti gauge.