Never Swap a Plate...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Never Swap a Plate...

Post by CitroJim »

A salutary tale..

A couple or so weeks back I swapped the private number plate that was on Rattiva, my project Activa, onto my red Activa.

One of the major problems on Rattiva was a massive sunroof leak that turned the interior very moist indeed.

Now, I have not used my Activa for a couople of weeks and thought I'd take her to Tesco for the weekly shop...

I always keep Hessian Tesco shopping bags in the boot of each car, along with a blanket and other oddses.

I arrived at Tesco, opened the boot and :shock:

The boot was saturated and everything in it. The Hessian shopping bags were busy growing fur coats and the blanket weighted a ton :evil:

I've spent the morning pulling out the interior and find the fault is with the sunroof drain and is EXACTLY the same as the problem Rattiva suffered from.

prior to swapping plates, there was no sign of this problem at all. It's all happened very recently.

So, I swap a plate and give the car exactly the same problem as the donor had. Bizarre.

Is it just a coincidence or something deeper?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Christine
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:Christine
Eek :help2: :yikes:

The good this is that since her sort out, Rattiva has been as good as gold...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
con67
My Cars:

Post by con67 »

myglaren wrote:Christine
If only my car would fix itself then scare the misus away!