best for insurance - need it soon

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

As many say it depends on a lot of things. Generally you find that if you move each year you do better than just renewing, having said that this is the first time in years I have stayed with the same company as even without the "I'm taking my business elsewhere conversation" they were still the best - I'm with RAC by the way and although I have lost the driving any other car cover (which is seems to be disappering off more and more policies) they were £200 less than the next best quote with it.

Admiral were twice as much as the RAC and interestingly the Admiral multicar policy was exactly the same cost as the total price quoted for each car individually by them.
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

I think it all depends upon the accent of the agent, unless you're extremely rich:
I heard the likes of Rosthchild don't take out insurance, because it's a waste of money, when they can bond themselves with their own stash.

Also, as people with no insurance might usually drive with more care, unless the injured prefer the money , they'd be better off as a whole with uninsured drivers on the road. Preferably rich one's. And then again, you might get better care if the person who injured you had to take care of you.

@Vince: that green blood I bought today was just what I needed says my car, after bumping along with hydraflush, and thank you.

If you have amarket stall and are a member of the National Market Traders Fed, you can get 35% of the cheapest quote ( or could).
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Most without insurance are also without license and therefore without driving skills making them poor drivers.
Travelling the roads of Luton demonstrates that.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

Most without insurance are also without license
That's a good point.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual