Hi All,
Got a dreaded ABS light on. It was intermittant at one time, now firmly luminated. . I have done the resistor checks, and it pointed to the offside rear. I cleaned up the toothed wheel, had the electric connections apart to spray switch cleaner there, managed to get some fine emery cloth between the toothed wheel and the contacts of the sensor. Managed to shear two of the 3 back plate bolts. The sensor looks as if it will need dynamite to shift it, with yet another bolt sheared off.
I notice GSF do abs sensors -- 648PC0060 ABS SENSOR-REAR XANTIA ALL TYPES >99
.
Anyone tried these, or is it a CIT job. The Cit price is £62+VAT. GSF is £62 with vat.
Thanks,
Greg
Just seen these on the bay Item 200471452147
Any good ?
Last edited by Gregg1100 on 06 Jun 2010, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic
Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
I replaced mine with a GSF sensor, its actually in pukka Citroen packing. I could have sworn GSF used to be cheaper than that
Greg, you're quite lucky in only having 2 bolts shear, I had all 3! The sensor itself will need destroying to remove properly. Take a look at my attempt here
sheared back plate bolts shouldnt be a problem, all you have to do is drill through the arm were the bolt's should be and fit nuts and bolt's to retain the back plate,
i dont think ABS sensor's are as critical as all other brake components on the OE/high quality front,
quite offten it is not the sensor that fails but the wire fractures, were it is constantly flexed at he arm pivot point,it has been known to cut oppen and repair the damaged wire, then heat shrink it