Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Are they not both blue and R reg :? :lol:

Im dissapointed i can't go, whats with living up here!

Ah well, ill have to make do with the pictures frm the last time i went :roll:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
admiral51
Donor 2023

Unread post by admiral51 »

Loved your brown trouser expression Jim :)

I always refer to near misses like that as biting the seat time :lol:

Had an accident myself on wednesday whilst at work.Parked my lorry across a residential street whilst discussing with the police which part of the road i needed closed so i could gain access to the school.Had all lights/hazards/flashing beacons on,overall lorry length a tad shy of 59' and a women driving a P reg merc swipes the side of the lorry with her passenger side.Takes out her mirror,big gouge in the door and dented the pillar between the doors.She pulls up infront of the lorry,gets out and starts to berate me for parking where i shouldnt whilst telling someone on her phone that she has just hit a lorry.her face was a picture when the old bill asked her to sit in the back of their car and have a chat :D :D
Damage to lorry a bit of white paint left along the outer edge of the trailer body...Result!! :lol:

Colin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by red_dwarfers »

admiral51 wrote:Her face was a picture when the old bill asked her to sit in the back of their car and have a chat :D :D
Damage to lorry a bit of white paint left along the outer edge of the trailer body...Result!! :lol:

Colin
:lol: :lol: Brilliant!

I thought the mystery member might be you, it will be great to see you all tomorrow. Me and Dad shall be there around 2pm :D

We'll be in a White Xantia (RUNN!)
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
admiral51
Donor 2023

Citroenmad wrote:Are they not both blue and R reg :? :lol:

Yes you are correct

Can you tell its been difficult to choose as to which car to take so thought by saying the above i wouldnt be lying whichever one i brought:lol: :lol:

Colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

And we'll be there between one and two..

Really looking forward to it. We'll be in the red Activa :D

Wonder if said Merc driver was nattering on the phone just before she had an intimate experience with your lorry Colin?

I must say I find lorries quite easy to see really, especially when lit up like a Christmas tree :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Toby_HDi

Unread post by Toby_HDi »

I'll be aiming for anything between 1 and 2.

Will be in the Coupe, can't let you Citroens have it all ya own way :P

Be good to see you again Colin, and finally meet Kev.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
admiral51
Donor 2023

CitroJim wrote:
Wonder if said Merc driver was nattering on the phone just before she had an intimate experience with your lorry Colin?

I must say I find lorries quite easy to see really, especially when lit up like a Christmas tree :lol: :lol:
From what i was told at the scene the offences she is being charged with are driving without due care and attention and driving whilst using a hand held mobile phone,she admitted the latter charge when she was informed that the police were going to obtain information from her phone company :D

And i dont have to worry about any insurance aggro as i do happen to have a couple of cast iron witnesses :wink:

Yes i agree Jim,not only lit up like a christmas tree but as stationary as one :lol:

Colin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by red_dwarfers »

A good afternoon was had by all :D

Bonus points for anyone that notices anything in that picture that is not PSA related but still French, for a clue take a look at the FCF logo :wink:

Once again Toby and Colin, if you ever need a hand with anything, give us a shout.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
admiral51
Donor 2023

Had an excellent afternoon :D :D
Was great to meet Jim and his delightful daughter Robyn,Kev and his dad and of course Toby. \:D/

Would appear from the speed of the photo being posted that you had a good trip back Kev :wink:

I guess those present are excluded from gaining any bonus points :lol:

Colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Excellent afternoon indeed gentlemen, very well enjoyed by us both. Robyn loves your Coupe Toby!

Not a too-good trip home. A nasty crash at Stonehenge meant we had to divert around via Devizes...
admiral51 wrote: I guess those present are excluded from gaining any bonus points :lol:

Ahh Yes :D An we are excluded as we were speaking of it!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

red_dwarfers wrote:Image

Bonus points for anyone that notices anything in that picture that is not PSA related but still French, for a clue take a look at the FCF logo :wink:
Lets see... it would not have been visible if you had taken the photo of the rear of the cars?

and there used to be one similar near Jim's house?

... am I warm?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

xantia_v6 wrote: ... am I warm?
No... Rather cold I think :lol:

The clue is at the top of this forum :wink:

Bought a Fender Stratocaster BoL at the museum bookshop :D

Museum is well worth a visit, only an SM, DS and Traction on display for Citroen unless you count the "Max Power" Saxo :lol: GS, CX and 2CV very conspicuous by their absence and they really need a red Activa and 205GTi in the red cars section...

There are some supurb cars there though. My favourite was the Duesenberg without a doubt. What a car....
Jim

Toby_HDi

Unread post by Toby_HDi »

Excellent afternoon. Many thanks to all, good to see some familiar faces again and meet new ones.

Jim, maybe she wants one? :twisted: She ought to have had a good look inside it too. Maybe another time :D

You must have missed the 2CV, there was one in a little side room along with a rather recent original Mini. There was also another very old Citroen though I cannot recall its name now though it was similar the the Traction.

I'm glad I never went any further along the A303 then if there was traffic. As was I dropped down the A36 and had a clear run home.

Speaking of the bookshop, far too much choice so I went away empty handed. I feel a little mooch online to discern the ones I want is in order.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
admiral51
Donor 2023

You must have missed a section of the museum Jim,there was definitely a 2CV on show,in the hall opposite to the Motorsports hall.

As for the Duesenberg,would it be this tatty and uncared for example :lol:

Mind you,the Madam X Cadillac V16 wasnt bad

Just a thought,knowing that they have volunteers to clean the cars,do you think Vince has been moonlighting :lol:

Glad you got back ok,stonehenge can be a nightmare at the best of times.

Colin
pug_owner2002

Unread post by pug_owner2002 »

CitroJim - I must say I find lorries quite easy to see really, especially when lit up like a Christmas tree
I Allways thought bright green tractors were hard to miss, untill the mr's ran up the back end of one. ](*,)
red_dwarfers - Bonus points for anyone that notices anything in that picture that is not PSA related but still French, for a clue take a look at the FCF logo
Car colours the same as the flag by any chance?
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+