wiper relay peugeot 306

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wiggie_me

wiper relay peugeot 306

Post by wiggie_me »

hi iv tested the wiper motor and this is ok. im fairly shour the relay is at fault. after a long while scouring the net iv learned the relay for this is behind the fuse box, im not having much luck locating it, can any one shed some light on this? any help much appriciated. many thanks
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

are you sure its not the wiper stork as they are a knowen faliure,

regards malcolm
wiggie_me

Post by wiggie_me »

the wipers will only work on "slow", full speed and intermittent do not work. the washer pump runs on the "wipe/wash" but the wipers do not move.the wipers will also not park.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

wiggie_me wrote:the wipers will only work on "slow", full speed and intermittent do not work. the washer pump runs on the "wipe/wash" but the wipers do not move.the wipers will also not park.
That sounds more like a fault with the motor unit itself to be honest. The 'park' function is part of the motor. I am not sure if there is a relay actually next to the motor as there is with the rear unit, I cannot remember exactly. But my thought is your motor unit itself is the fault here (assuming the wiring to it is OK, check the multiplug for corrosion, unlikely to be at fault though)

Examine the motor area (caution! , remember it can suddenly move and those linkages are very nasty if your fingers are in the way, disconnect the battery do not rely on the ignition switch)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wiggie_me

Post by wiggie_me »

i have 2 306s at the moment, i removed the motor and pluged it into the other car and it worked ok, so i think i have eliminated that.
wiggie_me

Post by wiggie_me »

thought id better add the car im workin on is a phase 2 (R reg) i have jus noticed that the wiper relay is visable on my other 306 which is a phase 1. does this mean the wiper relays are jus the 2 which are in the fuse box compartment???
wiggie_me

Post by wiggie_me »

ok jus incase this helps anyone, i have eventualy sorted this wiper problem. it turns out the car i was working on did have rains sensing wipers. i orginaly thought it wouldnt have had them because of it age (1998). the rain sensor is cliped on the windscreen underneath the rear view mirror cover. it controls the intermitant and ...most of the wiper action to be honest.