On buying SVO from Tesco

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Synergietom wrote
"and to top it off she's pregnant for the fourth time"

and you havent worked out whats causeing it yet,

regards malcolm
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

JamesQB wrote:
XantiaMan wrote:Maybe its the way i was bought up. I hold doors open for people. I say please and thank you. I have respect for others. But i'm beginning to wonder why i bother, when no-one would do the same for me.
I would do the same for you. It sometimes does feel as though manners have vanished, especially when a door you're just about to go through swings shut in your face and gives you a nosejob for the umpteenth time while the ignorant cretin who just passed through is oblivious... but then someone you least expect (colourful hair, multiple piercings, etc) holds one open for you and you realise that not everyone's bad just yet, even the most unlikely.

I'm never going to stop showing respect just because the return on it is at an all time low. Why become one of them? I'm proud to have manners. :)
Glad to see stereotypes and societal expectations are as rigid as ever.
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

f00lzz wrote:I've just had a brilliant idea... could we make an exception and co-opt Xantiaman into the Bosch alliance.... he could hold the doors open at Tesco for us as we wheel out all their svo. :idea:
The best part of this thread was the sense of humour exhibited by some, but sadly not all, of the contributors.
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I think it's disgusting to brand BMW drivers in such ways, it's definitely Audi drivers ... :D

Steve.
not applicable
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

And dont forget the chavs as well ;)
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Just a general 'off topic' What a refreshing change... a few years ago this thread would have been locked by now!!!! I've even known it locked for someone having the cheek to enquire about tuning up a ZX!!

Ian
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the BOGOF has finnished, or at least it aint on in the Hastings branch my son works at,

regards malcolm
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Managed to get another 16 bottles yesterday,They had put a 4 bottle limit on because asians were filling baskets over and over again,When they refused to let them have more than 4 the Tesco staff were called racists.I had a couple of m8s with me so was ok.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

f00lzz wrote:... a few years ago this thread would have been locked by now!!!!
Would that be because running on veg oil would have been considered abuse?
f00lzz wrote: I've even known it locked for someone having the cheek to enquire about tuning up a ZX!!
And I was just about to start blogging my planned endeavours! Best keep schtum methinks now.
citronut wrote:the BOGOF has finnished, or at least it aint on in the Hastings branch my son works at,
That's right Maclolm, the nationwide offer ended midnight 18th. Someone said their local had extended it on the sunflower oil - which I notice today had gone up to £3 in my local store.

I would have bought more but my Xantia is full.
den169 wrote:.... asians were filling baskets over and over again,When they refused to let them have more than 4 the Tesco staff were called racists.I had a couple of m8s with me so was ok.
because of the asians or the tesco staff? :P
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Lol no my m8s got 4 each aswell for me.
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Citronut my tv has been broken for some time now and and to be honest i think the first three are the milkmans so i thought id give one last try before i gave up on the whole screaming women and kids thing for while.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

and you cant find enough to do on your car to keep from learning the hard way TEA HE

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i might give this lot a call tomorow

http://www.edibleoildirect.co.uk/contact/

dont think they will do BOGOF though

regards malcolm
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

Napoleon wrote:Glad to see stereotypes and societal expectations are as rigid as ever.
I'm in the firing line now, am I Napoleon? My post indicated how what you call societal expectations are sometimes wrong, and how stereotyping doesn't always work, hence how you expect the certain types to hold door open - and they don't. And how you expect other types who look rough, rebellious, chavvy or whatever you wish to call them to not do so, but they prove to be well-mannered and decent. Hence my mind has been opened by such experiences and I don't require your observations on my comments to become enlightened.

Don't start on me because you have issues with stereotyping and are feeling tetchy because a few have lambasted you for emptying shelfs of a product. Thank you.

I don't understand people... I make a post about having manners and how I try my best to use them and to stop a member feeling low about people, and the only response is a sarcastic, patronising gripe-release which makes me feel low about people! :roll:
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Let's not go any further down this road guys, we don't want to have to start locking threads now, do we?