On buying SVO from Tesco

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Bloody hoarders! My order's been cancelled because they've got none left. :P

I expected as much to be honest but why do these people give out conflicting information? I feel a strong complaint coming on but the last one got filed in the bin.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Napoleon wrote:I forgot the Clubcard!
:lolsign:

That just made me fall off my stool Tim!

Priceless...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i might try with my sons club card and his staff discount card, TEA HE

regards malcolm
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

now malcolm that sounds like a good idea i say we all pitch in and see how many Tesco stores we can run dry in one week.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

citronut wrote:i might try with my sons club card and his staff discount card, TEA HE
See, now if you spend over £50 you get 5p off a litre of fuel, that could be an interesting conversation at customer services :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I can see Tesco introducing a ban on all 1.9TD powered cars entering their premises...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Next thing will be Tesco paying us to take it away.
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i spoz we will have to whatch we dont get the custom's and exsise installing a desk next to the cooking oil shelf's,

i spoz though if we shuve several pillows up our jumpers they might think we just like our chipps,

regards malcolm
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

ill just take the missus with me she likes anything food oriantated if you know wht i mean and to top it off she's pregnant for the fourth time.
Im sure Tescos would hessitate to sell me there intire stock of veg oil with her following up the rear.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

If i could afford to convert my activa to a 2.1td with bosch pump i'd have three rain butts full of the new veggie oil outside :D

Get hoarding i say, may as well when the price is cheap as they do buy the stuff to sell it and already start to know to get lots of stock in when price is lowered unless they are selling off old stock due to age and so forth. Which is probably what they have done after the last time the price was low they just decided to over stock loads and loads just incase and now its wasting storage space or is getting too old in their stock warehouses's....
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

I'm literally nearly on the fence on this one.
Yes,any shop/supermarket/merchant is there to serve us,so they should be happy whoever clears the shelf,be it 100 people buying 1 bottle,or 1 person buying 100 bottles. If it's there,on offer etc,why not take advantage of it? Anyone in the land has the same/equal right to do so.

But, i see XantiaMans view also:
XantiaMan wrote: I dont have a TD that can use veg anymore. I used to, and i practised what i preached and didnt clear a shelf because i was try to save a few pounds. I used to order it in bulk so that the shelves were still stocked, available to others.

It seems there is a minority on here, with the 'I dont care what other people think, its all about me', i would suggest you change cars to a BMW were you would be perfectly suited.

Maybe its the way i was bought up. I hold doors open for people. I say please and thank you. I have respect for others. But i'm beginning to wonder why i bother, when no-one would do the same for me.
Me personally, i think it's a bit 'off'?, bad manners,greedy? etc.
But like i say,i do see both points.
There...i've upset both sides :lol:
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Well done. :P
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I'm staying on the fence. Even if 1 or 3ltr bottles are slightly cheaper than 20ltr containers I'd still buy the latter as I'm not wasting as much plastic and 20ltr containers are much more useful for carting around various fluids.

Also, I never agreed with the building of a large Tesco in our town so I don't go in there :twisted:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

XantiaMan wrote:Maybe its the way i was bought up. I hold doors open for people. I say please and thank you. I have respect for others. But i'm beginning to wonder why i bother, when no-one would do the same for me.
I would do the same for you. It sometimes does feel as though manners have vanished, especially when a door you're just about to go through swings shut in your face and gives you a nosejob for the umpteenth time while the ignorant cretin who just passed through is oblivious... but then someone you least expect (colourful hair, multiple piercings, etc) holds one open for you and you realise that not everyone's bad just yet, even the most unlikely.

I'm never going to stop showing respect just because the return on it is at an all time low. Why become one of them? I'm proud to have manners. :)
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

I've just had a brilliant idea... could we make an exception and co-opt Xantiaman into the Bosch alliance.... he could hold the doors open at Tesco for us as we wheel out all their svo. :idea:
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate