well it finally happened I got a visit from the council

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Murray cod! :twisted: Such a beautiful, docile fish I don't know how people can bear to kill them.

FOWMC - I have a small dam there, too, but not sure if there are any fish in it. You don't need an electric fence because the neighbours are all pretty fine (and they're so far away a shout would be lost in the wind). What you can't see in the photo, is that much of the front is screened from the road by mature trees. A good part of why I bought it (for a cost probably two years' worth of your rent).
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Thats what I need to , splendid isolation apart from preferred visitors !

I've been looking for an underground bunker from the cold war , would be perfect ! Total security , could pump the tunes out , total quiet when I want it and perfect for parties !! Not easy to come by though at a price I ccan afford :(
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

we like minded people should all get together and buy a field with planning permission and build our own community of Bio and veggie dependants we could have our own flag and declare it our own private country, I seem to remember years ago someone managing to declare a public house somewhere as his own country where outside laws didnt apply. we could oppose all this EU rubbish, some may not agree with this but I think we ought to open a pub made of breeze blocks that allows the patrons to smoke in it
and another at the other end of town for the non-smokers made of straw bales.

yep I must say I do like ozzys song "I'm a Dreamer" as for fish I know what you mean...lol I love piking only decent fish in rivers to eat, except for wild trout and we dont have many south of the border not wild ones anyway. what we do have is escaped farmed fish and they taste different.

I'm a fishing baliff and I think its really bad when some one pulls out a real lunker of a pike thinking its killed all the little fish so they kill it and leave it on the bank.
the fact is Big pike are like snakes only feeding their fill once a month the rest of the time they rest at the bottom, and in the winter they eat even less.
then jacks or young pike about 2 to 5 pound in size eat everything in sight, if you catch a big old lunker pike say 20 pound or bigger please respect that he is probably an old man and put him back in the water alive. I am facinated by pike the fresh water shark, they can take a swan if you get a really big pike, And they dont eat children or small dogs and cats its a myth.
their favourite food is roach and or rudd.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I would love to see a swan get taken down by a pike! :twisted:

All the nature shows are too predictable; hyenas catching baby antelopes and suchlike. Maybe you can be the next Attenborough?
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Iv'e only seen it once on the river nene. in a very big strech of very deep water about 20 feet deep ish.

no struggle by the swan it was taken by its feet just disapeared beneath the surface there was some speculation that it might have been a zander but I'm not sure if they grow as big as pike, could have been a polish fella with a snorkel :roll: they have been caught catching and killing carp to eat
and that is what they have for Christmas dinner Carp.

I know a story about eating carp my Father told me it.

what you do is buy two planks of mahogony about the same size as the carp you have caught to eat.
tie the carp between the two planks and boil the whole lot for 2 days.
in a big pot in the back of your Citroen (there didnt go to off topic see)
when tender alow to stand for 20 mins cover in butter season with salt and pepper and then throw the fish away and eat the wood.

god knows how they like them to eat maybe they make a fish curry like they do in other countries.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Oh to dream of a community where everybody drives hydraulic Citroens :lol: and gets on ,i too enjoy my privacy...i suppose il just have to put up with these "neighbours" for the time being
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Four or five miles is a good distance to be from your friends. It's far enough not to be a pain in the bum, but close enough that if you need a hand, or to borrow something - it's accessible.

I share fences in suburbia with five neighbours at present. One is legendary, one's not bad, one's henpecked, one invisible and the fifth we can manage functional communication with, free of conflict.
falling-out-with-my-car

Police have just phoned me can't find the resources to send a unit but will try later on.
their contact was more about my being victimised by my neighbours not about who sent the postcards.

I will put more up later tonight when I do finally have a visit.

regards Nigel
falling-out-with-my-car

well I ca only repeat what I typed above a few hours ago, again more concern for my saftey than concern for whom sent the malicious postcards. my home has been logged as an at risk address now in case of vege oil theft/fuel theft, so quite a good outcome really.

maybe it would be a good idea for veggie filterers to declare their goings on to the enviromental health departments get an inspection done and then contact the police who will log you on to the at risk register and monitor your home more regularly, this would be good for anyone who has had problems in the past with theft.
they did ask for confirmation that the enviroment agency was happy with my filtering process.
thanks for all your support everyone I hope now that I can move on and leave this one behind me.

with the support of the enviroment agency life should settle down a bit hopefully.

Ive been given a contact number should my loving neighbours decide to victimise me any further for something I didnt do.

happy motoring everyone.