101 uses for a dead sphere?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gaskin
My Cars:

101 uses for a dead sphere?

Post by Gaskin »

I find myself the proud owner of 3 old suspension spheres (see post earlier). As someone who hates throwing anything away that might have an alternative use, I'm loathed to ditch them. But I can't think of any other uses for them other than door stops or other weight related functions. Anyone got any (polite) suggestions?
Cheers
Duncan
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Paint em green and sell em at a car boot sale to some geezer who hasnt found this forum;}
Stewart
Some of the recharging blokes might want em. my local place used to take the old ones ....but now they dont want em, the spheres I bought were ok.
Stewart
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

Screw two of them onto a rod, and sell or use them as barbells. Or you could paint faces on them and use them as garden ornaments - an interesting talking point...
Stu.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

You could play 'French Bowls ' with them. Using a Xantia clutch clip as the jack.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

or a zx electric window motor and "strong" plastic clip that supports the entire window in the middle
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

big canister of C02 and you have yourself a rocket launcher, and having dropped a sphere on concrete floor, they could be quite lethal!
Get a big box of them and stick them in the boot to simulate BX16v rear spheres.
Get a big box of them in the boot so the car goes down faster!
Get a big box of them in the boot and throw them through windows, watch the 'falling apples' headlines in the papers.
Use them as balast in a hot air baloon.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Stick one each under the foglamps - and enjoy peoples (boyracers) odd questions :
- is this some kind of speed enhancers ? - looks smart - where do you get these ?
[}:)]
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Use one on the end of an arm as a weapon in Robot Wars !!!
Gaskin
My Cars:

Post by Gaskin »

I might bolt them to the top of the struts of my ZX, take it to a dealer and see if they'll quote for replacements.......
Cheers
Duncan
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Why not paint them black, write 'BOMB' on them then stick a pipe cleaner out of the top.
Its worked for countless cartoons and Peter Sellers in 'The Pink Panther'.