No Sound N/W

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

No Sound N/W

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Watching Watchdog the other night they featured a problem with Astra's, apparently if you turn the lights on the horn does not work. :shock:

So, therfore if you have an Astra you can't get the horn at night! :wink: :wink:

They would be better off with a French car as they are more exciting! :wink: :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Horny Astras aside, I watched that edition of Watchdog with abject fascination. I felt it was a show that really struggled to hold itself together and was constantly on the verge of imploding...

I thought they were going to reveal some ghastly showstopper on the Astra and all it turned out to be was the bloody horn. What a pitiful anti-climax :roll:

And Annie Robinson. Is she acting the part (seemed she was struggling with the anger bit at times) or is she really a nasty old cow?

My verdict on Watchdog is that it needs to be taken to the vet and put down immediately. At times it was painful and cringeworthy. The highlight was the talking trees... Some highlight :twisted: :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I remember when they mentioned two owners of new mini's.
One had a legitimate complaint, her Mini kept dropping it's windows when parked up overnight, meaning her insurance wouldn't pay out if it was stolen.
She was given a spare while they looked into hers, and it had the same problem and worse, in the end BMW gave her a new Mini and she was satisfied.
The other lived up a grass track, and as she drove down it she could smell burning.
Turns out the grass was rubbing against the CAT and getting singed.
How exactly is that BMW's fault???

I'm all for publicising bad companies, but bashing someone when they're not at fault is not what I begrudingly pay my licence fee for.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

So is that why Xantia S1 headlamps are a little dim?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I gave up on the program years ago, it just seems to be people complaining about things caused by their own stupidity.

Wasn't it a Watchdog campaign which got the Xantia handbrake "modified" because people were too stupid to pull it on properly. The modification consisted of filing off the first few notches on the ratchet so numpties had to pull the lever up properly. :roll:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Jim wrote
"And Annie Robinson. Is she acting the part (seemed she was struggling with the anger bit at times) or is she really a nasty old cow? "

i have seen her trying to smile,

but if you had half the boutox in your FFFFFace as she dose, you would have trouble smilling,

Xac wrote
"her Mini kept dropping, Turns out the grass was rubbing against the CAT and getting singed,

i dont know Xac your worse than me,

all this talk of the opposite gender having trouble with there MINNI's and there PUSSY (CAT) getting singed, is that on wet grass TEA HE

regards malcolm
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

red_dwarfers wrote:So is that why Xantia S1 headlamps are a little dim?
Yes, they are afraid of the dark! :wink:
ACTIVA

R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

My mum's Peugeot 206 has the exact same problem as the Astra.

I think it may also be linked to the other odd problem. Sometimes when the indicator is on, it will just stop, and the dipped beam headlights come on!!! Then once the indicator self cancels, the headlights turn themselves off.

Then of course, when the lights are on, the horn doesn't work.

MOT time is soon, so we will be deactivating the auto. headlights and hoping that the tester doesn't turn the lights on until the horn is tested!

Any ideas about the problem?
French is best.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Is this something to do with the Com 2000?
ACTIVA

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:Horny Astras aside, I watched that edition of Watchdog with abject fascination. I felt it was a show that really struggled to hold itself together and was constantly on the verge of imploding...

I thought they were going to reveal some ghastly showstopper on the Astra and all it turned out to be was the bloody horn. What a pitiful anti-climax :roll:

And Annie Robinson. Is she acting the part (seemed she was struggling with the anger bit at times) or is she really a nasty old cow?

My verdict on Watchdog is that it needs to be taken to the vet and put down immediately. At times it was painful and cringeworthy. The highlight was the talking trees... Some highlight :twisted: :roll:
I agree CitroJim.

I used to watch it more previously, when Nicky Campbell and Julia Bradbury :wink: were on it.

Also when it was half an hour long they did not fill it out with items, and were more to the point.

Rogue traders was a spin off from it, and became a seperate programme.

Although now it has gone back into Watchdog.
ACTIVA

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If I'd known that Julia Bradbury was on it I may have been tempted to watch it 8-)
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

myglaren wrote:If I'd known that Julia Bradbury was on it I may have been tempted to watch it 8-)
This was on the old Watchdog series which is a while back now.

Although you can go on railway walks with her! 8-)
ACTIVA

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have watched a few of those, and the fell walk in the Lake District.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes I liked the railway walks interesting programme, and lovely presenter. 8-)

Prior to the Countryfile programme time change, when it was on in the mornings, she went to a river where the locals, and others travel to do wild river swimming.

Well there was a small gentle current to be aware off, and the presenters had to be careful not to get out of their depth.

Julia and I think someone called Matt who used to be on Blue Peter went swimming.

Matt went in a wet suit with an Olympic swimmer, and tried some distance swimming.

Whereas Julia jumped and played in the water in her swim suit. :wink: 8-)

She was more brave than Matt, and enjoyed the water with the others that braved the temperature it was a sunny day, but the water was cold!
:wink:

It was nice seeing the lovely setting, and the way the current teases over a lovely lady relaxing, and putting her feet up! :wink: 8-)

Right I'm off for a cold shower now! :wink:
ACTIVA

Julz
My Cars:

Post by Julz »

Homer wrote:Wasn't it a Watchdog campaign which got the Xantia handbrake "modified" because people were too stupid to pull it on properly. The modification consisted of filing off the first few notches on the ratchet so numpties had to pull the lever up properly. :roll:
I wondered why my C5 didn't seem to have any notches on the first bit of the handbrake!

I had an astra van that I inheritted from my brother that the brake switch on the pedal was always failing, this resulted in him having 2 rear-end shunts in it.

Odd electrics on Vauxhalls, took me about an hour off fiddling with every switch posible before I worked out how to turn the interior light on, you pull the main light switch :roll:. Sould have guessed really as you have to do the same with the fan switch to turn the heated rear screen on.
1999 306 1.9TDi meridian estate (written off)
2001 C5 2.0HDI LX estate