Removing/Replacing Xantia Front Seats

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Removing/Replacing Xantia Front Seats

Post by CitroJim »

Removing them can be a pain because the plastic pads the seat rails sit on can be very tight on the threads of the mounting bolts; often needing counter-holding when undoing the bolts.

Drill the holes in the pads out to 8mm so the bolts are an easy fit in the pads and replacement (and any subsequent removals) of the seats will be a doddle.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Thanks for that Jim.

I will need to take mine out at some point soon, so that's good to know! :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Do all the Xantia models come with the wiring loom as per higher spec cars.

So if an owner wanted to fit the higher spec electrically adjustable seats, into a car that did not come with them would it be possible?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

So if an owner wanted to fit the higher spec electrically adjustable seats, into a car that did not come with them would it be possible?
Yes this is possible, but no not all xantias have the wiring in pace to make this easy! Only cars which would have had the option of electrically adjusted seats would have the wiring i believe.

I put leather in to my LX, but had to run a 12v feed, this just means that if i leave the heated seats on i end up with a flat battery.

This can be worked around by linking a wire to the ignition via a relay, however i was too lazy/ inexperienced to do this!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s