How to fix 306 rear lights from blinking?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dturbo

How to fix 306 rear lights from blinking?

Post by dturbo »

When my lights are on if I indicate my brake light and number plate lights blink as well. If I use the brake at the same time the relay starts ticking rapidly (lights do too) as if I have a burned out bulb.
I had this problem many moons ago and I think the mechanic sprayed something in the light connectors and the problem went away.
Looking at the connectors now while they are in a melted state (plastic too) they seem fairly clean and apper to make a good contact.
Where are the light earth points specifically on the 306? I have an ohm meter what should I measure? Any tips on fixing this myself greatly appreciated. Hopefully it is a quick and easy fix.

In a somewhat related note the 1st or 1st & 2nd a/c dial (they are 3) don't always light up when I turn my lights on. If I tap once or twice the dash on the left side of the dials they do come on. Why can't they come on normally like the 3rd dial does?

All other lights are ok. (expect the ones for the windows, those stopped working a long long time ago, if these are an easy fix let me know and I'll replace them as well)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Instrument panel is probably just bulb holders.

Regarding the rear lights, its bad earths causing that.

My "fix" was to splice into the earth cables on each rear light (normally the green/yellow, and I think the right hand side has two) and then earth to a fresh point on the body nearby.

Not sure on window switch illumination, probably an integral part of the switch. Possible to replace with dis-assembly and soldering but getting replacement switches easier.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
dturbo

Post by dturbo »

Cheers spider.
I had another look at the one cluster with the melted connectors/plastic and used a screw driver to scrape any rust & plastic away.
Now all my lights are spot on:D (except the a/c (tap needed sometimes) and window lights but I don't care about those)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

You're welcome :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG