ZX Club?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

ZX Club?

Post by James.UK »

Does anyone know of an existing UK citroen club?, or better still, a UK based ZX Citroen club? (dont want to spend all day listening to tales of woe from Xantia drivers)... [}:)] [;)] [:p] lmho... [:o)]
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

There was (is?) a Yahoo group called ZX-L devoted to the ZX.
Last time I stopped by, it seemed to be populated by the lower end of the ZX food chain ;) - not a patch on these forums.
It may be worth a look though as it may have changed for the better.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Arry, I tried that site, hmm, I read a long thread about how to cure a wiper that doesn't clear the water from the screen properly.. no comment except I will stay here in future... lol.. Thanks for the info though... :-)
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

do you have a link to that? I can't find it!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Tom I didn't keep a link, but in all honesty the forum was a real mess, the threads were hard to follow, and the erm advice was very random.. And I failed to find anything about any clubs of any sort.. Like you, I found the site very confusing and finding things was far from easy.
All in all it was a similar site to this one but nowhere near as good.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

The link is:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ZX-L/
and you'll need to subscribe to get access to the message archives.
The phrase "waste of good electrons" comes to mind for some reason.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

James,
There is the long established(50yrs+) UK Citroen Car Club. It is a traditional subscription based club with an excellent monthly magazine, area and model meets, yearly show, insurance/breakdown offers, free advertising and so on. There is also a website at.. http://www.citroencarclub.org.uk/frame.htm . Note a new website is in the final stages of planning and will then have its own member based forum.
The magazine has a section for most models each month, there is one covering the ZX and Xsara. You can choose to read just this or dip into the other models as appropriate...avoiding Xantias' if you wish!
The club is quite unusual in that it supports every Citroen from the oldest and most valuable classics right up to current/proposed models.
Looking at your comments on the Yahoo Groups, and the car list in your Bio, I think the CCC may have the balance you're looking for.
David
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Thanks Dave, Sounds great! I will go look and report back later. :-)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ok, I had a look at the site, it looks good, and I will join. [:)] But as the site is "insecure" I will join via direct debit rather than give card details online. [:0]
I approve of Xantias really, if it wasn't for them we would have very little to talk about. [;)] [:D]
The ZX 1.9D is my first diesel and whilst I love its reliability, its a bit slow after driving 2 litre + petrol engined cars all my life, and takes some getting used too.
Thanks again for the information. [:)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

I can't see why we could not set up some sort of ZX Club.
There's loads of us on this Forum who love 'em...........................I think!!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hiya Jon, Sounds like a very nice idea to me. [:)] I would certainly join, and it would be nice to meet some of the people who write on this forum.. Maybe that would be possible in the summer? (That gives me time to wash the car!) lol.. [:I]
I think everyone who owns a ZX loves them.. The fact is they are really great lil cars. [:)]
For me a car has one purpose, thats to get me where I want to go, and ZX.s do just that time and time again for tens of 1,000's of miles! What more can one ask? All the other things like radio's, lecky windows, etc just help to make the journey more ejoyable. [^]
Not sure why we fit ally wheels n stuff tho? [:I] erm couldn't possibly be ego related? hehe.. [:o)]
BTW, hows the multispace working out? you pleased with it?
Paulee
My Cars:

Post by Paulee »

Hi James
I own a ZX Volcane and a Xantia VSX does this make me odd ?
ZX's are no angels ....dash bulbs,tacho's,rear hatch locks,subframe and engine mounts,electric windows,immobilizers,rear handbrake..moan winge whine...
I love them both......
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Argh!! shhhh people might hear you! [:0] [8)] [:I]
The speedo needle was drunk and very wobbly when I got it, you had to guess what your speed was.. (At least on early cars you could judge your speed by how many amps you were getting.. [:D] ).. And I could not reset the mileometer to check on mpg. So I replaced all the dash guages, While the dash was out we replaced all the bulbs. The replacement dash gauge read 20k more than the original.. (I got that verified in writing by the Garage in the unlikely event it may ever come up for sale)..
Rear hatch lock? no probs so far? Anything I can do to to forstall that problem arising?
Subframe and engine mounts look fine and the car drives really well. You really could stand a coffee on the engine on tickover without spilling much, the engine barely moves. [:)]
Lecky windows are fine, I sprayed around inside the doors with silicone when I replaced the trims and seats with a set from a volcane, I also spray the rubbers that the windows slide between to reduce drag now and then.
No immobiliser to worry about. [^] and I did all the hand brake mech when I fitted the 14" allys from an Aura, then did it all again including copper greased everything and replaced bleed nipples and fluid when I added the front aerated disks and callipers from a Volcane, so they should behave for a while..
No clutch, no ecu, no cat, no turbo etc to worry about on mine.. [^]
All I need to do at the moment is find some way to avoid keep breaking those lil sensor brackets above the door as I get in and out, and life will be perfik. [:D] lol..
Paulee
My Cars:

Post by Paulee »

There is no doubt I look after my cars but they still go wrong.
To be honest this does not bother me.I have to do my motoring to a budget and two cars serve two people and I really feel that pound for pound including the faults and repair costs they are still the best value cars on the road....
I've done the maths and they are cheap to run in pence per mile figures...
But I would rather drive an SLK 320 (big brother had one) than what I have now....
horse's for courses...
beck1

Post by beck1 »

Can anyone help me? I have a ZX advantage 1.9d and when its really cold the engine wont start because for some reason the battery is flat. If its not cold the engine starts first time. Its really confusing me, and its very annoying. please help me!!!