Help with oil pipe identification please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Help with oil pipe identification please

Post by JamesQB »

Hi all,
Can anyone help with the name of an oil pipe so I can try to buy one (haven't got car in question here to show garage) and tell me if it could be responsible for bad oil leakage please? The car is my parents' and isn't in this country. It's a Xantia 1.8i 1996 petrol.
The pipe comes from a point low down on the oil filler casing at the very top of the engine, I think below two other pipes and is about an inch thick or so. It then goes down the front of the engine, branching off into two pipes, like an upside-down 'Y' shape configuration. One branch goes lower down and into the engine block, the other branch goes not quite so low down as the other and to the right, once again into the engine block. There was a small split present where the single pipe becomes two pipes with slight oil leakage, the odd drip. Now there's terrible oil leakage, so do you think it could be this pipe split worse or does it not carry much oil?
Thank you to anyone who can help [:)]
James
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

To your description is sounds exactly like the "oil filler hose".
These have a nasty habit to "rot" or split over the y's - making for severe oil spillage.
Had a try on GSF online shop - but nothing comes up like this on Xantiae.
On the BX this hose is exactly approx 1" dia - and connects the plastic oil filler neck to the oilsump below. Right where this hose bends 90' into the sump - it branches off with a smaller dia hose to a second oil sump stud.
BTW : to be absolutely sure : make daddy to read off the exact engine type designation - a small tin plate riveted to the engine block usually near the flywheel.
But I suspect this hose fits a range of Xantia engines anyway.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 230500.gif
XU5JP and XU7JP Engines (1.6 and 1.8 petrols IIRC) I think you want number 3
If so:
118062 - OIL VAPOR HOSE £25.77 Inc VAT
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

MUCH better Blueboy [8D]
- definately NOT a filler hose [:o)]
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

Thanks to both of you for the replies and special thanks to Blueboy for finding that diagram and part number, very helpful indeed and much appreciated.
That's exactly the part I was on about.
James