Xantiaman's Blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

Not only has it been nicked off the Pistonheads website, its clear it has the wrong plate, the poorly educated and ill informed chav who couldnt even list a car properly was also incapable of taking a picture of his crappy car.

Now i've complained to ebay before about one of my pictures being used, it was my Maestro, and they did sod all about it.

Thats the problem when you have a really nice example of a car, people sit up and take notice. I'm sure the new owner of that TD will be in for a shock, its blatant false advertising.

The ST is 0-60 in 6.8 seconds and 155mph top speed, and a V6 Auto is no-where near that, its in a different league. A manual will be closer, but the ST still has more power and weighs only about 20-30kg more.
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Koukku

Post by Koukku »

XantiaMan wrote: The ST is 0-60 in 6.8 seconds and 155mph top speed, and a V6 Auto is no-where near that, its in a different league. A manual will be closer, but the ST still has more power and weighs only about 20-30kg more.
Well, not a lot more power. Apparently Citroen/PSA was rather conservative when giving out numbers for the V6... mine had 212hp as standard, and I've seen another example with 211hp. No wonder it's so easy to go way below the factory promised 8.2 seconds from 0 to 60... :) And considering that most manufacturers tend to exaggerate their figures, I would say ST220 vs. V6 manual would be pretty close.
- V6 Activa / Mini R53 JCW -
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

I didn't buy it for outright speed, the Maestro would kill both a v6 activa and the st220. You won't find a much better all round performer than the st, that's why I went for it. Sure I could make it faster but what's the point?

I made the Activa faster and how it should have been, but I didn't want to drastically alter it, I hit a sweet point and decided to move on.
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

That eBay listing has now been removed. He also did an ad on pistonheadd which I've also reported as it's right above my ad!
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

The Activa goes tomorrow! A final trek down to Reading, nice easy drive. I'll throw in some new Millers Ecosport stuff, which has a bit of octane booster and other additives. I used it in the ST today and it did seem more urgent low down.

I've used the diesel version in the Transit and that really does work well, making the engine much quieter and smoother.

I fitted some HID H7's to the Mon deo today, they make a heck of a difference even though the beam is quite low so it doesnt blind people.

The main beam is still a normal bulb, i may look into upgrading them to Osram or Philips.

I fitted the Osram Silverstar to the Transit, which are H4's, lovely clear pattern and beam, well worth the money, if i was keeping the Xantia it would defo have them as an upgrade.
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

Its gone :cry: It was a great drive down to Reading, reaffirming my high opinion of these cars, smooth, refined, powerful and excellent nimble balance.

I gave it a good valet this morning, a coat of wax, shampooed the carpets, cleaned the glass, sheened the plastics and tyres, and it looked great, its just a shame it rained on the way :x I will post some pictures later, just before i left.

It will be missed greatly, but i am pleased its gone to a good home where it will be driven as intended, kept clean, maintained and have the luxury of a garage :D

I will always be a fan for life. Since 2007 i've had a Xantia and it will be strange to not see one on the drive anymore.The from this forum has been invaluable, and i've made some goods friends too.

This is what a online community is all about. Thank you to everyone who has helped me other the past 3 years, with special thanks to Jim Eastment and Richard.

I wont disappear. FCF is part of my daily routine and it would be too hard to push it to one side. So, i'm afraid your stuck with me :)

Gareth
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gareth,

It's been a pleasure :D I trust the new owner was happy with his new car 8-)

Yes, please do stick around, the old place just wouldn't be the same without you, so long as you can tolerate just a little bit of banter concerning your new car...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Congratulations on the sale Gareth, i hope we see its new owner on here soon.

Ah, nothing wrong with Mon.deos, they have always been praised for their handling and i think got car of the year once or twice too? Plus its a much better looking car than the new mon.deo, which is hideous. At the momoent, new cars dont appeal to me, when a new model comes out, it always makes the previous version look better looking. A V6 in a nice looking body with a manual gearbox, where can you go wrong!

Ill confess into always liking that shape mondeo, in fact i really wanted one when they first came out. Almost bought a diesel one a few months back, but was put off the diesel through common injector issues. Still, very nice cars. Im a member on the mon-deo forum! Have been for years, though rarely post.

Chris.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

I've always liked the Mk3, ever since i drove one back in 2003. Vast step ahead from the Mk2 both in looks and build. Still, if they were crap, i wouldnt have got one, i have good taste :wink:

Couple of pics of the Activa just before it had its final drive with me. It rained about 7 times on the way, stayed fairly clean but didnt look as good as this -

2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Pleased to hear that you won't be leaving us Gareth.

Perhaps you could buy a miniature Xantia for the mantelpiece so you have a legit claim to still own a Citroen :)
andmcit

Post by andmcit »

Aye, confusing stuff, why is the only guy on the forum called
Xantiaman someone who hasn't got one... :wink: :lol:

Andrew
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

There will always be some LHM running through my veins or ingrained in my hair :wink:
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
andmcit

Post by andmcit »

XantiaMan wrote:There will always be some LHM ingrained in my hair :wink:
:lol: been there before myself!

Anyhow, no doubt there'll be another. As Jim says, they find you!

Andrew
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

andmcit wrote:
XantiaMan wrote:There will always be some LHM ingrained in my hair :wink:
:lol: been there before myself!

Anyhow, no doubt there'll be another. As Jim says, they find you!

Andrew
You may or may not be right... In the future i wouldnt rule it out if i had the space, time and spare cash to get an early one sorted out. But with another little un on the way, i need to knuckle down a bit, and get us a bigger house before the new arrival.
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

XantiaMan wrote:But with another little un on the way, i need to knuckle down a bit, and get us a bigger house before the new arrival.
Oh wow! That's magic :yeah: Congratulations to you and Vicky :D Excellent stuff...

It all makes sense now :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...