Pure Yellow H1 bulbs

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Pure Yellow H1 bulbs

Post by vince »

Thanks to a tip off from Richard (DickieG) my pure yellow H1 headlight bulbs arrived today from Malaysia.....via ebay.

Verdict.......not bad for the price...£10 :wink:

I have tried in vain to get some yellow headlight bulbs for my Xantia to match the old style yellow french headlamp look, but none including these gets quite that yellow....though these are the best ive come across :wink:

I think the problem lies with the light output of modern bulbs in comparison to older technology ones. A Xenon bulb seems to blast most of the yellow into whiteish light if that makes sense.

I will post some pics up when i get a chance to take some....its dark and snowy outside at the mo :P
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

With the old French yellow headlights the yellow colour was added by way of a yellow glass filter being placed over the headlight bulb (pretty much like a lampshade), on the Goddess she has these over each bulb (all six of them) unfortunately you can't fit these filters onto a Xantia. Your only option for yellow headlights is to either paint the headlights or use the bulbs you mention.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Do you blokes have Berocca?

:shock:

:lol:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

addo wrote:Do you blokes have Berocca?

:shock:

:lol:
I haven't yet but you raise a valid point, I'll take some to help with my headlights :D :lol: :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH