Xantia being broken - best parts to take?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Andrew, if it can be arranged and we get it on a transporter, we can take the car... otherwise I'll be removing parts on-site - not much, just some of the fuel system and other odd n sods, maybe seats.

I think Colin wants first refusal on the rest, though I don't know what condition any of it is in until I see it. It was scrapped due to a failed manual gearbox. I'll see if I can get the VIN beforehand, then I can ask Service Citroen what the exact colour is.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Mike/Andrew

As for the spoils im not really after anything off it unless of course it has full working electric/heated leather seats :lol: :lol:

If and its a big if :( i can use some spare yard space then the car can be dismantled but it would probably have to be a quick job and gut feeling is the gaffer would want the shell/remains to put the rest of his scrap in and then weigh it in...sort of a payment in kind if you follow :) :)

Mike PM sent

Andrew PM sent :)

Colin
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

PM replied Colin. I'm surprised you won't be wanting any parts - obviously heated leather seats would be worth taking. I can't remember if MK1's will fit MK2's but my rear bench is split along one seam so I may be wanting the seats myself?

I've asked the seller for the VIN numbers so we can get some paint codes then I can look for a front bumper for him.

Andrew, I originally wanted just the fuel pump and injectors etc and might take a few intake pipes along with other bits n pieces. Would you still want the engine and how will you collect it?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike,

I'd be grateful for the cabin air temperature sensor if it has aircon...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

CitroJim wrote:Mike,

I'd be grateful for the cabin air temperature sensor if it has aircon...
I'll add it to my list, Jim.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Mike! :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

I should be doing this on Saturday, barring really bad weather. If I don't get all I want I'll see if I can return another day otherwise another MK1 1.9TD is going to the crushers because of a bad gearbox.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

andmcit wrote: - I'd could use a decent TD engine and
some panelwork if the colour is the right red!?
AFAIK, the engine's good, just the 'box went bad. I'll be taking the pump, pipes and injectors but from what I can gather, the engine will available and for very little money if you can remove it (or even take the whole thing for £30!) How far is it to Bovington for you, I'm going on there tomorrow? He still won't tell me the colour code but keeps telling me it's red, a burgundy red. :roll: and that the bumper, lights and front wings aren't available.