Radio Code entry

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

jmt

Radio Code entry

Post by jmt »

usual story, battery was disconnected, I HAVE the code, I've tried the advice given elsewhere. First digit is easy 1, second digit is 9, does the radio accept the first digit then move onto the second or is this acheived by pressing the 2nd preselect the required number of times? - as I now have 1222! Currently waiting for the time to pass when I can try again!
If anyone out there could advise 'foolproof' method to solving this.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I'm sure someone on here can help if you tell them what car it is and what the model no. of the radio is.
Dave
jmt

Post by jmt »

you got me!
it's a Xantia 2.0 VSX on a N-plate
as far as I know it's the standard fit item, looks very similar to that in the haynes manual & has Citroen on the cassette flap.
The model on the manufacturers label is PU9667A
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The first digit is entered by pressing pre set button 1 the required number of times.
The second digit by pressing button 2 and so on.
Having entered the code you then have to 'validate' it by pressing preset button 6.
Good luck
jmt

Post by jmt »

That's the problem!
The code is 1949, i pressed button 1 once, button 2 three times - by all advice so far i should have 13--, I have 1222! appears it wont increase beyond 2.
Has anyone seen this before?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I think the radio is not the original, I think a vsx should have a 4030 RDS fitted, the way the code looks when you press the 2 button three times IS exactly the way the 2030 radio works.
Is the LCD display above the cassette door, if so its a 2030 and the highest number that can be input is 6, so with a code containing any number higher would mean an incorrect code for that set.
Have you ever had to put the code in before and if so........
Dave
jmt

Post by jmt »

yes the LCD is above the cassette flap.
sounds like I'll have to find my way to the Citroen dealer for a solution.
Thanks for reassuring me it wasn't my 'button pressing ability'!
James.
My Cars:

Post by James. »

Hiya, my radio screen just shows 4 dashes? - - - - and wont let me enter anything at all? anyone know the cure please? and someone mentioned "fixing" the code after entry by button 6?? I only have 5 buttons? lol. Car is ZX 1.9D auto Avantage K reg. And I love it dearly. :-) shame about the problem with changing dash bulbs thou. so far I have had to pay out two lots of £70 to get all the bulbs replaced. :-( .....
Cheers James.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

James, Had a problem with a coded radio on a BX showing your symptoms,as a result of entering the wrong code a number of times. I talked to a radio dealer he said just leave it on maybe for 3 or 4 hours but eventually it would reset itself so you could enter the code, after a long wait (cant remeber how long ) that was exactly what happened! Might be worth a try
Pete
________
Townsman
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Thanks Ghostie. [:)]
Erm, I live in England, and a 4hr+ journey in most directions will mean I end up in the sea! [:o)] lol.
Untill my radio decides to work again I will take a portable with me, then i can listen to the road works news as I sit in the hold up they are telling me about. [:I] lol...
Anyone got an ajustable for height drivers seat for sale? Pref in grey.Can send pics to help with colour. [:)]
Cheers James.
ZX 1.9D auto K 1993 Avantage.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My radio finaly came back to life after I got home from York.. 2-1/2 hrs going, 2 hrs coming back.. 'Code' came up as I was parking the car. lol..
Stevie M

Post by Stevie M »

Having a similar problem with my wife's Xantia - radio is a PU9667A (made by Clarion). Our local Citroen dealer said it should allow you to re-enter the code after 15 - 30 mins or so - still waiting!
If the code you enter is incorrect try pressing the "band" button - it's supposed to let you start over again (but I haven't tried it yet!)