Insurance groups

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Insurance groups

Post by red_dwarfers »

Just been having a nose at insurance groups here:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/insurance/grou ... ?model=129

My 1.9 TD LX is insurance group 12, the VSX model appears to be only 10?

Hows that :lol:

Also something I've always wondered, what is the (AC) about?
I used to think it meant AirCon :D
1.9 TD LX 5d 12
1.9 TD LX 5d (AC) 12
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Insurance groups are a dodgy issue. I believe they can actually differ slightly from company to company (many now use the 50 group system)

It also done on many things, not just capacity or age. The availabilty of parts, desirability to thiefs - just two of the many many factors that determine which group a car goes in.

Yes AC is for Air Conditioning on the Parkers site,

SR = Sunroof
Nav = Navigation

Thats the ones I mainly find on there - their basically the abbreviations that one would find in a typical advert.

Any numbers in brackets after the model indicates which gearbox it has if there are different options in a model line up.

ie. xxxxx (6) denotes 6 speed 'box

My tuppence worth :D
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Insurance groups

Post by DickieG »

red_dwarfers wrote:My 1.9 TD LX is insurance group 12, the VSX model appears to be only 10?

The groups given by Parker are a combination of S1 and S2 models, the VSX is a S1 whereas the group 12 shown for a LX is for a S2. When Citroën launched S2 models the grouping numbers jumped up by at least two groups due to the painted bumper sections.

When they were current models a VSX was one group higher than a LX or SX due to alloy wheels as standard.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Insurance groups

Post by ACTIVE8 »

DickieG wrote:
red_dwarfers wrote:My 1.9 TD LX is insurance group 12, the VSX model appears to be only 10?

The groups given by Parker are a combination of S1 and S2 models, the VSX is a S1 whereas the group 12 shown for a LX is for a S2. When Citroën launched S2 models the grouping numbers jumped up by at least two groups due to the painted bumper sections.

When they were current models a VSX was one group higher than a LX or SX due to alloy wheels as standard.
That sucks for a bit of paint on the bumpers!

So if an owner had no paint on the bumpers, and photographic proof then they should get a discount. :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

years ago my daughter was getting a quote for her DERSH which was registerd as a special, she was told it was i think 2 groups higher than any of the other DERSH modle's, which when it comes down to it basicly just differant paint schemes

regards malcolm
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Technically the Polo Harlequin was a special, and imagine sorting out the paint on that!

This was a car that was more useful to the scrapyard, for the amount of sales they can make to all different people, who need panels for Polos in different colours.

Imagine being the salesman/woman what colour is it described as, and what colour goes on the V5c document :?:

The fact that they did this model, and people bought it means they will buy anything.

Prior to this model no one would buy a car like this second hand, because they would wonder how it was driven, and looked after.

Stick it in the showroom, and what with it being new, they come along like muppets, and go DER yeah O.K. I'll buy that car because it's special, yes so is the plonker buying it, as in like the fable of the Kings new clothes, can't you tell what's wrong, what's different, and why it is so, and therefore why you should not touch it.

V.W made a "Barry Boy" car from the factory with this model, and got money for it. :wink: :D
ACTIVA

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So, with the extra paint treatment was the Harlequin more expensive to insure, than a normal Polo?

Here's a Cavalier given the same treatment by its owner.

ACTIVA