Xsara 2002 1.4 Blower/Heater on full the whole time.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Road_Hog
My Cars:

Xsara 2002 1.4 Blower/Heater on full the whole time.

Post by Road_Hog »

I think I've the standard blown transistor problem on the wife's car. She stalled the car a couple of days ago and then the blower came on full when she restarted it and stays that way until the car is switched off.

Two things, where is the best place to buy replacements and is there a current part number that is universal.

Secondly, I haven't got a Haynes manual (don't do one for the later Xsara), please could someone confirm the blower unit is located under the passenger dashboard above the footwell and how you access it.

Thanks
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Hi, and yes, the blower is under the passenger’s dash, with a piece of felt to unscrew above the passenger’s floor.
If the car has air conditioning, the replacement part number for the blower driver is 6441 78, available from Citroën at an extortionate price.
The transistors can be replaced separately at a low cost.
We have plenty of topics about the Xantia blower, which is the same as the Xsara’s.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=22348

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

If you have trouble finding a supplier of the transistors who will deal with small quantities, I got mine from rapid electronics http://www.rapidonline.com/searchresult ... kw=MJ11015 Still a £5 delivery charge though :cry:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If you don't feel like attacking the job yourself Road_Hog, I'm always happy to do the repair for you...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
pikecrazy
My Cars:

Post by pikecrazy »

CitroJim wrote:If you don't feel like attacking the job yourself Road_Hog, I'm always happy to do the repair for you...
I will vouch for that :roll: :wink:
2013 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 XTR 115bhp
2003 2:0 HDI Dispatch Van 186000 miles......gone
2000 Xantia Hdi 90bhp Forte Estate 97000 miles gone..........to heaven
New High pressure Fuel Pump and Patched ECU , Blower Module fixed by CitroJim :-)
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

Thanks to all that replied, your help was appreciated.

I'll be okay with the transistor replacement, as I'm competent with that side of things. It was the pulling the car apart only to find the blower unit was located somewhere completely different on the Xsara.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if it aint got air con isnt the resistor pack in the heater air intake knozle, bit like the ZX were you go in under the scutle rotate it quarter of a turn, pull it out and then unplug it,

with this type GSF sell them

regards malcolm
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

citronut wrote:if it aint got air con isnt the resistor pack in the heater air intake knozle, bit like the ZX were you go in under the scutle rotate it quarter of a turn, pull it out and then unplug it,

with this type GSF sell them

regards malcolm
This one has aircon.