How to stop a Somali Pirate..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

How to stop a Somali Pirate..

Post by CitroJim »

I've been reading the "Have your Say" on the BBC news website. The subject of how to stop Somali pirates hijacking oil tankers is being aired..

This post caught my eye...
Fill the ships with French built Cars,the pirates will soon move onto another target.
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Presumably on the basis that if you gave each pirate a Xantia, they'd be kept too busy with fixing it and have no time to go after oil tankers...

Mind you, if each had an Activa, they might need to find time to nab the odd tanker or two to keep it filled with petrol :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: How to stop a Somali Pirate..

Post by ACTIVE8 »

citrojim wrote:I've been reading the "Have your Say" on the BBC news website. The subject of how to stop Somali pirates hijacking oil tankers is being aired..

This post caught my eye...
Fill the ships with French built Cars,the pirates will soon move onto another target.
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Presumably on the basis that if you gave each pirate a Xantia, they'd be kept too busy with fixing it and have no time to go after oil tankers...

Mind you, if each had an Activa, they might need to find time to nab the odd tanker or two to keep it filled with petrol :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a disgruntled ex/current owner who has/had problems with their car!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

During the Boscastle disaster ITV, BBC, SKY etc all covered it and reported on it.

So, I laughed when I saw a reporter called Dan Rivers reporting for ITV. Image

A name that you would not take too much notice of normally, but with a serious situation like this, ITV's news editor chose to send a reporter with a name that had a funny aspect to it, was it intentional?

Therefore if the BBC need to send a reporter out to see if bears s#*t in the woods, they could send Gareth Furby.

Also if ITV need to send a reporter out to the pirates, and Captain Pugwash, then maybe Chris Ship should go. Image
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.