Berlingo Multispace

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Berlingo Multispace

Post by Dave Bamber »

I bought one of these beasties about 4 weeks ago, and was wondering what other owners think about their's
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yeah, bought one just b4 Xmas, lots of good things to say about it really, only a few bad. On the bad side,I think that the fuel economy on fast motorway journeys is poor, because it has to be driven quite hard, especially up long inclines. I also find it quite gutless when laden. By the way, I have the DW8 diesel engined version. My only other compliant is the thickness of the windscreen pillars, which make it dificult to see e.g. when turning out of a junction.
We're basically very happy with it, roomy, comfortable, brakes and handling quite good considering its height and size, my wife is its full time driver, and its great for her and our baby girl, and all the resultant baby stuff, prams etc etc. We have only done 3000 miles in it so far, but will probably pile on quite alot of miles this year, so time will tell.
I give it 8 out of 10! I don't regret buying it at all!!!
Jon Wood
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Yeah, bought one just b4 Xmas, lots of good things to say about it really, only a few bad. On the bad side,I think that the fuel economy on fast motorway journeys is poor, because it has to be driven quite hard, especially up long inclines. I also find it quite gutless when laden. By the way, I have the DW8 diesel engined version. My only other compliant is the thickness of the windscreen pillars, which make it dificult to see e.g. when turning out of a junction.
We're basically very happy with it, roomy, comfortable, brakes and handling quite good considering its height and size, my wife is its full time driver, and its great for her and our baby girl, and all the resultant baby stuff, prams etc etc. We have only done 3000 miles in it so far, but will probably pile on quite alot of miles this year, so time will tell.
I give it 8 out of 10! I don't regret buying it at all!!!
Jon Wood
Hi Jon, yep total agreement with you on all your comments. Mine's the DW8 engine too and it is a bit underpowered. I wonder if they might improve with more miles on the clock? The HDI engine would transform it. And those windscreen pillars.....Dead easy to loose another vehicle!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Jon

Post by Jon »

Forgot to mention this really irritating Berlingo fault: The wipers are just so bloody noisy!!!! I may change the (Valeo) blades for another brand as it drives me mad!
PS You can now order a Berlingo with the HDi 90HP engine, I'm gutted!
Edited by - jon on 28 Mar 2001 12:05:57
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Yeah, I forgot the wipers too! I changed mind for Bosch blades, which are made with graphite and are silent!! If you fit them you will have to adapt them as the central pin on the new blade is smaller in diameter that standard. I used a bit of rubber tube which works fine. With regared to the rear wiper, have you noticed it takes too long for the water to hit the screen? See if you can get hold of a one way valve off a BX, It stops the water syphoning back. Fit it in the compartment that contains the jack, thats where you will find a join in the tube. While your in the back how about putting a bit of carpet on the wheel arches? Use a thin cord carpet and stick with spray on glue. Makes it look less like a van, I've done mine and it looks loads better. Have you moved your radio down to the space above the heater contols? It's dead easy and takes about 10 minutes and totaly hides it from the thieving scum. Thanks for the info on the HDI engine. Bugger.