Fuel Tax/blockade ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

AndyGimpy
My Cars:

Fuel Tax/blockade ?

Post by AndyGimpy »

Ok, I thought this would have been up for discussion first thing today but not. So lets have your views on this subject. Please be carfull as I dont want to incite any organising of a blockade or to encourage this but it would be nice to hear your views on the fuel tax situation and should people have the right to cause this disruption.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

I think the sooner we move away from fossil fuels, the better. I don't agree with the extra tax, but it ought to be put towards road maintenance, and some into a new technologies development fund.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I work in the Agricultural Industry and a customer of mine was involved in the fuel protests at the Stanlow oil refinery last time. I went to see him yesterday and he's not a happy chap, he said the organisers last time have started talking and if fuel gets to 80p a litre again they will seriously look at taking direct action again.
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

I think this government can't make up its mind which way it wants to go; i.e. with the motorist or for greener forms of transportation. I think at the end of the day if they can provide me with clean, safe alternatives to the car then I would reconsider my position. However, they do not so I won't.
I actually have some sympathy with a two-tier system supporting a relief on tax for haulage and freight companies in order for them to find a level playing field within Europe. However, if it means really slating the common motorist then they can b*gger off.
xsaraboy
My Cars:

Post by xsaraboy »

fuel is expensive in the uk compared to usa or even france or anywhere but what can we do about it its just life i suppose i heared someone mention on another forum to stop using all the big fuel stations eg bp esso texaco for 1 day and try and hit them where it hurts (in there pocket) but i dont see how that will work or happen i presume that even the small garagaes get there fuel off the big companys