Veg Oil MPG.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

MikeT wrote:
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:It is illegal to use veggie oil in your vechicle without registering with the tax office and paying tax on any road fuel you burn but the tax office trust us to declare the amount used so you can tell them you use 15 Litres a week to do your bit for the planet, hopefully you'll understand.
There is no duty to pay if it's for personal use and does not exceed 2,500 litres per year. Apparently the HMC&E were not able to administer the vast amount of paperwork they were facing so they got the laws changed as above.
Mike-T I think is being a little confused by some people, this applys if you are actually producing Biofuel not buying bottled clean veggie oil for road use of which tax is still payable.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:
MikeT wrote:
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:It is illegal to use veggie oil in your vechicle without registering with the tax office and paying tax on any road fuel you burn but the tax office trust us to declare the amount used so you can tell them you use 15 Litres a week to do your bit for the planet, hopefully you'll understand.
There is no duty to pay if it's for personal use and does not exceed 2,500 litres per year. Apparently the HMC&E were not able to administer the vast amount of paperwork they were facing so they got the laws changed as above.
Mike-T I think is being a little confused by some people, this applys if you are actually producing Biofuel not buying bottled clean veggie oil for road use of which tax is still payable.
Well that wouldn't be the first time :lol: If you have definative proof that I am indeed mistaken, please link to it so we can all be sure. AFAIK, the argument relies on whether using SVO as a replacement fuel is actually classed as biofuel.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

This thread is so misleading and amusing it should be kept in the archives for future lol's.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

I have to back Mike T up here. There are emails on the veg diesel forum from an official at the HMCE stating that, effectively, removing the lid from a bottle of Tesco's finest and pouring it into your tank counts as converting a fuel and does therefore still count for the 2500l exemption. This is just expediency by the revenue services as before the exemption they spent 4 times (exact figures escape me but are posted on aforementioned forum) as much money administering the system as they raised.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

XantiaMan583 wrote:This thread is so misleading...
Which bits do you claim are misleading? I ask again, if you have definative proof, why not share it?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I can't recall where exactly I read the recent changes to the legislation but I have seen it, on the DVLA site possibly.
I'll try and remember where and drag a link.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

The problem I found was that there are contradictory pages on the governments own sites. :? They aren't/weren't dated and one old page was contradicted by a newer page - the one about the 2500 litre exemption for example.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Appologies everyone, they have changed the website I saw.
the address is:

www.psp-2go.co.uk/index.html

It used to say Producers of Bio-diesel now it says: /svo into your tank.

I am sorry for any confusion ppl wouldn't want you attempting to pay any extra tax now would I...lol

Regards Nigel.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

MikeT wrote:
Which bits do you claim are misleading? I ask again, if you have definative proof, why not share it?
It wasnt aimed at your believe it or not.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
falling-out-with-my-car

ARGGGGGHH now I'm confused....lol
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

XantiaMan583 wrote:
MikeT wrote:
It wasnt aimed at your believe it or not.
I do believe you mate, I just want to find the true facts as it seems there are several schools of thought on what is the current legislation and HMC&E aren't helping matters IMO.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

surely the whole point of government information is to be misleading/confusing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin
falling-out-with-my-car

HMM your right I wouldn't want to be pulled over and have my tank dipped and find my car being towed away because someone gave me false info in the beginning. which piece of Info are we supposed to believe? mind you it would be pretty good fun watching the police trying to sus who was telling the truth.

i was pulled over years ago in my old robin reliant (at least it wasn't a skoda so you can stop laughing now) the oficers swore that the law said you couldn't drive one on a bike license if it had reverse gear after a quick radio check thay still wern't sure but obviously couldn't be bothered as they had bigger fish to fry, afrter that they left me be.
somehow i don't think I'll have as much luck with veggie in my tank they seem to arrest everybody these days no matter wether they have the right info or not.

Nigel.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

:lol: @ Colin.

Nigel, the authorities did set up a dedicated team to check on people leaving supermarkets with trolley's full of oil. They were nicknamed the frying squad :lol: If they ever link terrorism to SVO.....
falling-out-with-my-car

Mike -T,

Don't fancy a ten year strech in gwantanamo bay for buying to much oil

lol.

regards Nigel.