Veggi oil tax free...LEGAL

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

caeclyd2

Veggi oil tax free...LEGAL

Post by caeclyd2 »

At last the government has done something right for once

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/w ... 288920.stm

Enjoy....I am :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
caeclyd2

Post by caeclyd2 »

update 18 litre new oil added (50/50 mix) .Engine running very well.
not hdi
Last edited by caeclyd2 on 15 Sep 2007, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
LOAC

SVO

Post by LOAC »

That's great, what engine are you running?

LOAC
Xantia 2.0i Desire Auto 1998 77K miles- For sale

Synergie SX 1.9TD 2000
caeclyd2

Post by caeclyd2 »

1.9td 1998 vintage.
rpaco
My Cars:

Source for vegoil

Post by rpaco »

Anyone know a source for used veg oil in south Lincs?

Please don't say your local fish and chip shop, since they are only allowed to deal with registered waste contractors and even if I did register as one, would then be obliged to take ALL their waste. (and submit returns to HMRC etc)

My normal source (Jackproducts of Lincoln) has dried up. I used to pay 50p per lit. But it seems bigger fish have now moved in and have now cornered the supply in this part of Lincs.
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

Please don't say your local fish and chip shop, since they are only allowed to deal with registered waste contractors and even if I did register as one, would then be obliged to take ALL their waste. (and submit returns to HMRC etc)

My normal source (Jackproducts of Lincoln) has dried up. I used to pay 50p per lit. But it seems bigger fish have now moved in and have now cornered the supply in this part of Lincs.

Sorry but WRONG
see here http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php and have a read about for the long version.

Short version, you apply for a waste carriers licences from the EA cost £144 for 3 yrs and hand over duty of care notes when you collect the oil and that all the legal side dealt with. THe HMRC has NOTHING to do with it.
AS for taking all of their waste bollucks!! A carrier only has to take what they are licenced to take or has aggreed to take (assuming they are licenced to carry it). Hence the local bin men can only take house hold waste. But the skip man I use at work can take anything- building rubble/domestic waste/ garden waste- as long as the duty of care note reflects whats been removed and the quantity.
Sounds like someone has fobbed you off to stop you getting oil which they want.
Go find a local take away/restaurant/etc and do what you were doing but get licence /exemption from the EA.
406 lx 1.9td estate
rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

So I guess you dont know a supplier in south Lincs then.

Ok so it was the EA and not HMRC.

But you miss the regarding the other part.

My Fish and chip shop is willing to switch to me being their waste oil contractor (if I register) but only if I take the lot. Their current contract is exclusive. So its all or nothing. They are not willing to have two waste contractors with me just taking 50lit when I need it. I gather that the same type exclusive contract is the norm in the county.

And yes, it seems the county is pretty much tied up by a couple of large waste operators to prevent anyone else getting the oil. If I were in the business I would do the same.
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

I dont know any in south lincs sorry there are a few places in yorkshire that sell svo at similar prices to what you are paying for your wvo.

But If your local chippy want you to take all of the waste vegetable oil, as long as its good oil ie not full of rubbish I would say take it all. It will be quite easy to pass/sell it on if you cant use the extra. There are a lot of people on there own that would be happy to have a small supply but cant get there local chippy to give it to them. Or ebay and its amazing what people will buy on ebay.
406 lx 1.9td estate