Heater Blower

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PaulD
My Cars:

Heater Blower

Post by PaulD »

I've got a problem with the heater blower! It's stopped working, Fuse OK, not sure about relay, got new one put not sure which one to replace. Any Ideas on which relay or what else could be wrong?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

whats the make,model & year of your car ? has any thing else stopped working ? eg heated rear window or power steering ?
PaulD
My Cars:

Post by PaulD »

306 xdr 5door "N"plate, everything else appears to be working.
MARKBLACK
My Cars:

Post by MARKBLACK »

Has it stopped on every stage? could it be the switch, was there any warnings that the heater blower was going to give trouble.
PaulD
My Cars:

Post by PaulD »

here is power at the resistor block. I am currebtly having problems removing the motor as my manual says to remove the lower Glove box, and tells me to go to chapter 11 for details. Guess what Chapter 11 covers removing every other part of the interior except the lower glove box. Anyone got any idea how?
Malcolm
My Cars:

Post by Malcolm »

I had a similar problem on my '93 405 when it had about 130/140 k miles. The heater fan motor was quite accessible, only the material cover above pasenger footwell. Anyway, I removed the brushes and one had totally disappeared, worn out. I went to our local Pug parts supplier, Dean Hunter, for some replacement brushes. Some comment was made as to how old are you, they just don't do such these days. A new motor somewhere around £110. Anyway he directed me to a place in Castleford - Snelling something. They supplied me with some new brushes that fitted Ok - £1.80.
PaulD
My Cars:

Post by PaulD »

More news. Got the motor out, and put 12v thru it, runs fine. Put meter on + wire, 12 volts. Must be the switch or the resistance block.
gen_ii

Post by gen_ii »

I had same problem. I found it to be the terminals on the motor. Remove motor (quite easy to do) and clean terminals. This should cure the problem.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PaulD</i>

I've got a problem with the heater blower! It's stopped working, Fuse OK, not sure about relay, got new one put not sure which one to replace. Any Ideas on which relay or what else could be wrong?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
PaulD
My Cars:

Post by PaulD »

Finally got it sorted!!![:D] It was the resistor block, this contains a thermal fuse which had blown. replaced the whole unit only £4 from Peugeot! all working fine.
rvsgps

Post by rvsgps »

Hy Paul very interesting about that resistot block. It looks like I got the same trouble.
But where can I find it. Is this that thing with those spiral things in top of the heater. And if so how do you remove it ??
Greetings Ron
gemmel
My Cars:

Post by gemmel »

If your problem persits, replace the block with a simple two pin fuse box and a fuse. thats what i did and its work perfect for over 2 years.
liamstarling
My Cars:

Post by liamstarling »

I am having a problem with the blower fan on my heating system. I have a 1998 R reg 306 Dturbo. There i s alot of history recently to wat has happene dto the car, the basis is that the engine blew up and took out the geearbox and oil sump, this has been fixed, altho when it was epaired the air conditioning unit wasnt lined up correctly causing the alternator belt to break, anyway the cam belt has been changed since and the car is now running fine. The problem i have is with the heater tho, the heater is workign fine as the vents get hot and so does the dashboard. All teh dials ont eh centr dash light up apart from the fan control , ie the blower control, turning this dial makes no difference, it does not light up. I checked the fuse box and noticed the "30" amp fuse had blown so i replaced this, stil no joy on teh blower unit. Also i noticed that the air con light or the air circulation buttosn were not working, but i think these only worked when the blower was running. Does anyone have any ideas, from looking aht the forum notes below it looks like that it may be a problem with "thermal fuse?" anyway if anyone has any ideas on what might be the problem before i start tearing the ar apart it would be most appreciated. Thnx