Britains Worst Driver

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Britains Worst Driver

Post by Jon »

I have just watched the first programme of the new series of the above on C5, and for once even I am speechless.
May I take this opportunity to apologise to my wife, from what I have watched to night she has a black belt in driving in comparison.
[:o)]
Mind you, I do not claim to be any sort of expert either!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I just hope it didn't feature a grey BX Break...
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

This is the programme where they take 8(?) people who really aught to be using public transport and try to make them into barely competent drivers when what they should really do is rip up their licences. Instead of giving away a free car to the most improved each week they should give them the equivalent cost in taxi fares.
One of them had been driving for 28 years and never gets above 20mph.[xx(][:(!][V]
FFX-DM
My Cars:

Post by FFX-DM »

Ooh, I followed that one to work this morning!!
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

The worst of it for me is not the driver with a lack of common sense, but the ones with dexterity and control who go around making the conscious decision to drive like morons whilst endangering the public on common roads through underground racing. Last night's prog. featured a kid (I could hardly refer to him as an adult), who spent all his money on physically exaggerating a pink Vauxhall Nova employing go faster this, pumped up that. The traversty for me will be when he when he wins the program for having the only technical ability around. A celebration of his thuggery would be wrong but hey, we're talking Chunnel Five here.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

I watched it last night tell you what i dont know how half of those people past there driving test.
FFX-DM
My Cars:

Post by FFX-DM »

That kid makes me think of the choice phrase that JC used on Top Gear. Something along the lines of "he looks like he has ainted it with magnetic paint and then driven it randomly through a branch of Halfords"
[:o)]
The only way to cure the other halfs pimply faced son from this (in his 4th car in first 12 months of driving!!!) was to LEND him the latest car, not give it to him, therefore he is not allowed to bolt on LED whatnots. He can always carry on customising his ****ged out V*uxhall Cavalier, which is covered in trick bits but has a blown up head gasket, ho ho![8D]
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kafkaian</i>

The worst of it for me is not the driver with a lack of common sense, but the ones with dexterity and control who go around making the conscious decision to drive like morons whilst endangering the public on common roads through underground racing. Last night's prog. featured a kid (I could hardly refer to him as an adult), who spent all his money on physically exaggerating a pink Vauxhall Nova employing go faster this, pumped up that. The traversty for me will be when he when he wins the program for having the only technical ability around. A celebration of his thuggery would be wrong but hey, we're talking Chunnel Five here.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><font size="2">And so it came to pass how the above was exalted with £10k whilst his pink thing was blown up to stop him reoffending as a moron. Sorry, but this is yet another example of praise being given to those who behave badly [:(!]. What's stopping him going out and buying yet another baseball cap, sovereign ring and Vauxhall Nova thus then able to re-terrorize innocent members of the public with some outrageously stupid driving? Nothing [:(]. How about his partner and child? Shouldn't we rather be encouraging the debate on social responsibilities here?
As for the others, well there seems to be an issue with controlling partners undermining their confidence whilst at the end of the day at least they belonged to the human race and I for one would rather TRY to coach them into being competent drivers than support car monkeys. </font id="size2">
Homer
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,

Post by Homer »

I was more than alittle concerned when the Ex copper on last night's programme didn't seem able to read roadsigns from more than 2 feet.
For those who didn't watch it. He actually had to stop the car, get out and walk up to the signpost to see which way to go.
I was also slightly bemused by him getting out of the car in order to read the map using the headlights. It was a fairly new Pug 406, I am sure they have interior lights, even on the base model.
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Copper's dont have to read road signs [:D]
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kafkaian</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><font size="2"> </font id="size2">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's prety much what happened.. did u ever wonder why the scally in the fake burberry baseball cap had all the "Mods" done to his car?? well its because he worked for a magazine called"Revs"..heard of it? its pants.
And he went straight out and bought another Nova..
They Guy is simply a fool
Homer
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,

Post by Homer »

Well it turns out the Ex copper was also a helicopter pilot.
Strange that he couldn't manage to co-ordinate gas and clutch (never mind steering as well).
He won the title of "Britain's worst", though in reality it should have been an 8 way draw.
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Homer</i>

Well it turns out the Ex copper was also a helicopter pilot.
Strange that he couldn't manage to co-ordinate gas and clutch (never mind steering as well).
He won the title of "Britain's worst", though in reality it should have been an 8 way draw.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><font size="2">This doesn't seem right whilst I'm not gesting when I suggest he may have some sort of emotional or physically debilitating problem caused by some trauma or otherwise. Didn't watch the program in the end, thought it was a little demeaning whilst a certain thug was being promoted. IMO you don't give credence and money to idiots who can't understand the meaning of responsibility (1 kid and a girl on tow). Typically cheap and nasty Chunnel 5 TV IMHO.</font id="size2">
Homer
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,

Post by Homer »

he may have some sort of emotional or physically debilitating problem caused by some trauma or otherwise
That's no reason to let him loose on the roads though is it? Personally I don't really like the idea of handing a lethal weapon to someone suffering from some kind of debilitating emotional trauma.
As for the 'thug', I think there should have been some kind of follow-up, and maybe there will be as there is one show left to go.
There were conditions attached to the money, and I believe one was that he didn't spend it on a similar pile of dog turds. Let's see if Mr Wilson holds up on his end of the deal. Then again he <b>is</b> a used car salesman.[V]
Then again it is only entertainment.[:0]
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Homer</i>

he may have some sort of emotional or physically debilitating problem caused by some trauma or otherwise
That's no reason to let him loose on the roads though is it?<font size="2"> Nor is it reason to ridicule him thus, even if he is deluded enough to think the program is worthwhile</font id="size2"> Personally I don't really like the idea of handing a lethal weapon to someone suffering from some kind of debilitating emotional trauma.<font size="2">Neither do I. He needs to be just taken quietly off the roads</font id="size2">
As for the 'thug', I think there should have been some kind of follow-up, and maybe there will be as there is one show left to go.<font size="2">No doubt we'll see. Presumably the word thug is in inverted commas because there is doubt. I have no doubt because the evidence was shown.</font id="size2">
There were conditions attached to the money, and I believe one was that he didn't spend it on a similar pile of dog turds. Let's see if Mr Wilson holds up on his end of the deal. Then again he <b>is</b> a used car salesman.[V]<font size="2">Quite</font id="size2">
Then again it is only entertainment.[:0]<font size="2">That's my point, and rather poor entertainment at that. There are some serious issues raised out of this which have been completely undermined for the sake 'of a laugh'</font id="size2">