Problem Patterns

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

Problem Patterns

Post by mbunting »

Has anyone else noticed that problems posted seem to come in "waves" of a particular subject.
For example, we're in an electrical and starting phase at the moment on the citroen board, give it a couple of days, and I bet there'll be a change to hydraulics !
Very strange !
[:)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

'Tis the changing of the seasons, Alternators and batteries in the next few months, I'll wot followed by head gaskets once it gets icy. Check that coolant and genny belt now guysngals!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yes, funny how the topics come in waves of a particular subject, and indeed concerning the same vehicles. Anything to do with a Xantia seems to be a winner as a topic starter from where I'm sitting!!![:0]
In a bored moment I checked which topics kept coming up again and again, and these were the most popular (in no order)
Sphere Removal
Rear Arm Bearing replacement
ZX rear Mounts
Diesel won't start
Xantia ABS
Xantia Alarms
Hydraulics (General)
Main culprits (Citroen) have been ZX, Xantia and BX which are of course our staple diet on the Forum. I'm expecting more Xsara, Berlingo and Saxo to creep in as they come of age. As regards C3 and C5 well they are all under the 3 year warranty at the moment. Luckily.
[V]
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Thing is, you'd have to take your C3/C5 etc to the computer shop to be fixed !
Actually, Jon, you could suggest the publication of a "common problems and fixes" guide ( with permission from contributors ), which could be sold in the shops, and the proceeds used to support this site ?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Or maybe a cd of topics and fixes for the individual types. This would be a great idea but take a lot of editing. Maybe GSF would kindly mention the site in its catalogue instead?