Leaking door seal !!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caeclyd
My Cars:

Leaking door seal !!!!

Post by caeclyd »

If your electric windows ever fail on your 306 sell the car !
I had to send my car 98DT to a dealer to get a new front offside window motor.
FOUR visits to the dealer (1st visit new motor,2nd loose wiring,3rd grommet fell off,4th leaking door seal)I have just spent two hours waiting as they tried to repair the door "drip" screen (screen between door & inner trim)I found the footwell full of water!
After todays repair I tested the seal by hosing the door window, water is still entering the footwell, ANOTHER VISIT IS ON THE CARDS!
I was thinking about buying a 307 !
Rory
haydnw
My Cars:

Post by haydnw »

I had a similar problem with my 406 after an accident repair. It was eventually cured by fitting a new waterproof membrane. If the repairer damaged this membrane whilst fitting the window motor insist that they fit a new one at their expense (you will probably need to be assertive) but remember that this is the result of their poor workmanship and it is your legal right to have this problem rectified properly. <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
If your electric windows ever fail on your 306 sell the car !
I had to send my car 98DT to a dealer to get a new front offside window motor.
FOUR visits to the dealer (1st visit new motor,2nd loose wiring,3rd grommet fell off,4th leaking door seal)I have just spent two hours waiting as they tried to repair the door "drip" screen (screen between door & inner trim)I found the footwell full of water!
After todays repair I tested the seal by hosing the door window, water is still entering the footwell, ANOTHER VISIT IS ON THE CARDS!
I was thinking about buying a 307 !
Rory

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

I have had the replacement door seal fitted and guess what !!
I had to make a return journey and they kept the car in overnight,they gave it a thorough drenching the next day, found the leak and carried out another attempt at a repair, this time it worked (just) tiny water droplets are still appearing but I am fed up with the whole process.
All along the garage gave me the impression that it was my fault, the service manager could hardly look me in the face when I picked it up for the last time.
As I said I was thinking of a 307 but I am thinking of ordering an A3 tdi at heavily discounted prices from Ireland!
For info a 307 rapier 110bhp hdi 5 door with mettallic paint in the uk OTR is £14995 8 week delivery.
from Belgium or Holland same car OTR £12,231 12 week delivery !!!
From Holland
www.dacarimports.co.uk
Rory
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

Guess what !
The saga continues, 3.5 weeks after the last repair I lifted the front footwell mat and discovered water !
Yesterday I returned to the local Pug dealer and I have booked the car in for the seventh time. It is still coming past the inner door seal so I will ask if I can attend the repair. "Do it once do it right" does not apply in this case.
Rory
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

Thursday 23/05/02
Third door seal fitted.
Will it be the last?
This time I spent a little time in the workshop with the service manager.He witnessed the leak for himself before commencing with another repair. He took time in cleaning all the old adhesive & fitted the new seal. Then another 10/15 min soaking.It seems to have worked this time.
I hope I don't have to include another leak report
Rory