Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tka
My Cars:

Xantia

Post by tka »

I have been repairing my Xantia (-96, 2.0i-16v, Break) and noticed couple of things I want to share:
- I had a problem with riding height ... sometimes the front was quite high and sometimes it was low. Also rear had same problems. Well last summer I cleaned the height corrector mechanism at rear and lubricated it well. Front mechanism I only lubricated because it is in quite good place (dirt does not come to it so easy). I noticed rear mechanism was worn and very dirty. Cleaning and lubricating worked quite well but rear still has some kind of height range (sometimes it is higher/lower than other time). That is very logical. I also lowered ride height a little bit and altogether now I am quite satisfied. Front works well. I noticed that ride height level have an influence to the car behaviour (front/rear sometimes higher/lower). I also heard rear height corrector mechanism is a little bit exposed to wear.
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Have you taken rear HC off before cleaning and lubricating? I'm interested in procedure!
Thanks
Niek
My Cars:

Post by Niek »

Hi Akojic,
I did a rather detailed explanation of that for the Bx a while back. Try finding it in the archives (use the search). If you can't find it I'll type it again.
Does anyone know how far back the archives go?
Niek
tka
My Cars:

Post by tka »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by akojic</i>

Have you taken rear HC off before cleaning and lubricating? I'm interested in procedure!
Thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I was going to but instead of that I used solvent and toothbrush. In my opinion it was good enough. You just have to use solvent generously and many times (it is more safety to use anti-flammable solvent. I used one eco-solvent from Turtle-Wax ... it was very good). After cleaning I lubricated mechanism with the copper paste and gun oil. I noticed it was a good mixture because copper keep on lubricating after the oil have disappeared. Pure copper paste is hard to get to the tiny gaps so with gun oil it went fluently.