Interior Lights and Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevieb

Interior Lights and Central Locking

Post by stevieb »

I see from old posts that these two are often regular causes of problems.

However, I can't quite see my problem.

I returned to my car earlier, whilst on the mobile, and plonked myself in the drivers seat without turning on the ignition (I'm still just using the key for door locks, until I can get to a dealer and order a plip).

I sat here for about five minutes, then noticed the interiors lights start flashing away at me. Turning the ignition on/off did nothing, and the immobiliser keypad was also disabled. After about 30 seconds, the lights flashed dimmer and dimmer and eventually stopped flashing completely. I got out of the car and locked, then unlocked it, and all seemed well again. The immobiliser was returned to life, and the engine started.

The only thing that had changed was that turning the key in the lock, unlocked the drivers door first, then the remaining doors around two seconds later (instead of all at the same time). Once locked, the key won't turn in the door for another ten seconds, at which pont a faint click is heard, and then everything returns to normal (apart from the two second delay). Later tests reveal that this also applies to interior locks.

Holding the key in the "lock" position to set the deadlocks now does nothing.

One of the rear locks seems a little noisy sometimes, which might be a tell-tale, but the drivers door seems to have a secondary - delayed - click, which the others don't - maybe the deadlock tripping.

Before I rip off door cards, should I aim for mechanism (sticky), solenoids (sticky/bad connections), switches/actuators (again sticky/bad connections again), or wires (cut)?

I've no doubt I'll end up checking everything out on all four doors (full cleanup and regrease), but as this has come up before I wondered if anybody had actually had any results, and can suggest a quick fix that can be done on a cold dark evening.
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

had this before on a few 406's turns out to be a fault in deadlock ecu,disconnect/reconnect unit and seems to be ok again.
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
stevieb

Post by stevieb »

pugxpert wrote:had this before on a few 406's turns out to be a fault in deadlock ecu,disconnect/reconnect unit and seems to be ok again.
Well it seems to have sorted itself.

It's been fine all day long.

Yesterday I assumed that the sharp drop in temperature had maybe made something sticky, or encouraged damp to get in somewhere. But it was even colder this morning, and it's all fine... :?

I think I'll give all the locks a clean and regrease at the weekend anyway. The passenger lock is a little stiff, so it might just save me snapping a key in it in the future.

Maybe I'll disconnect and reconnect the ECU too :) . Cheers pugxpert.