UMBRELLA AT TOP....DOES NOT MOVE.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gazbally
My Cars:

UMBRELLA AT TOP....DOES NOT MOVE.....

Post by gazbally »

HI ALL, I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM,OR NOT? I HAVE RAISED MY CAR WHILE RUNNING TO CHECK LEVELS, THE UMBRELLA IS AT THE TOP OF THE WINDOW AND IT DOES NOT MOVE. COULD IT BE STUCK? DOES IT MEAN TOO MUCH LHM? OR TOO LITTLE? COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.....XANTIA TURBO @200 BHP :twisted:
96 activa turbo, ported and polished,piper cam,hybrid turbo and dump,re-mapped ecu,200bhp,full double piped stainless,17'alloys...
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

nice to see you gazbally 8)
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
gazbally
My Cars:

Post by gazbally »

:D yep thought i would give it a try, really still non the wiser, suspension works but i like everything to be working properly on a car, i believe if it's on it should function, the stupid bloody alien bubble has a mind of it's own mate, there must be plenty of lhm or suspension would not work, there is not too much because it does not pi55 out anywhere.......i may rip it off and stick a cork in the hole, bollox 2 it....hehehe :twisted:
96 activa turbo, ported and polished,piper cam,hybrid turbo and dump,re-mapped ecu,200bhp,full double piped stainless,17'alloys...
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The reservoir is probably overful. In fact the level drops if the car is left with the engine running while set to high as the suspension tries to destroy the chassis which is subjected to full pump pressure.

Have a look through the reservoir filler and if you can touch the LHM with a finger with the car on high its probably ok. (Alternatives - check with a clean stick etc.)

Not sure how a Xantia reservoir is made but BX has all the pipes etc and filters fastened to a disc which has no real seal at its join with the metal tank. As a result if its overfilled it leaks from this joint. If your reservoir has a similar joint its a fair assumption that the fluid level should be close to but below this point with the car at its driving height.
jeremy
gazbally
My Cars:

Post by gazbally »

Just checked the lhm when car is running and at full height,you can see fluid still in the tank but it is lower than when the car is at normal height, the tank is about half full when at normal ride height, i guess it is a bit over filled but is nowhere near the top, will a touch over filled be ok as long as it does not overflow? i have had a run 50 mile round trip and there is no leaking, brakes,steering and ride are ok, the next job may be spheres, how long should it take for the car to get to full height setting approx? does any1 know :twisted:
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

The car should take less than a minute to rise to maximum height from normal ride height, and it's not critical at all.
My LHM tank is overfilled too because I misjudged the amount I had syphoned out when changing the fluid.
If it really is too full, then it will spill over on the lowest suspension setting.
If there's still LHM to see in the tank on the highest setting, then there's enough of it.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
gazbally
My Cars:

Post by gazbally »

:D i think i will leave it alone then, there is enough in when suspension is at full and when at normal ride hight there is no spillage at all, thank's for the advice, when i get the spheres changed,they can do the lhm as well..... :twisted: