The faster I go the more fuel I have

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jacksonr
My Cars:

The faster I go the more fuel I have

Post by jacksonr »

When I'm driving at speeds of 50 plus the fuel gauge show thats I have about 15 to 20% more than when I am going slower or have stopped. It's not a major problem but I was wondering if anybody had any ideas ?
P.Smith
My Cars:

Post by P.Smith »

I own a 205 (1.6), and whenever i get to about 1/3 left on the fuel guage, its flickers about all over the place.(Sometimes on reserve when i know there is loads left!!)
To get round this i go by the milage on the re-set counter... (46 Litres gets me about 330 miles, which is roughly 32/33 mpg
Not really much help, but you are not the only one...........
KRISKARRERA
My Cars:

Post by KRISKARRERA »

Talking of mileage trip counters, mine doesn't work on my 405. Actually it works but won't reset. Is this something I could fix?
Kris
Bodyguard
My Cars:

Post by Bodyguard »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>your fuel moves to the rear of your tank due to gravity this is why your gage goes up while moving. do you ever have a day you dont have probs with your pug ????????
Talking of mileage trip counters, mine doesn't work on my 405. Actually it works but won't reset. Is this something I could fix?
Kris
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
B_Draper
My Cars:

Post by B_Draper »

"When I'm driving at speeds of 50 plus the fuel gauge show thats I have about 15 to 20% more than when I am going slower or have stopped"
Great - Go faster so you get your money's worth from the Establishment
Fight the power !!!!
Heh heh
Ben
microkid42
My Cars:

Post by microkid42 »

I get this all the time in my 306. I fill up, and it never goes to full, just under, but when I punt it along the motorway, it goes up to full!
It seems that this is standard in Pug's, as I have seen it in 106's, 206's, 306's and 406's.
Best,
Mark.