Dealer recommendations?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ben83
My Cars:

Dealer recommendations?

Post by Ben83 »

Morning,
Does anyone have any dealer recommendations for sw london / surrey?
We're due a cambelt change. I've had a quote of £120 - £150 (depending on whether it's a TU or an XU engine), including alternator and power steering belts. Is that reasonable?
I've had my wallet burned by dealers in the past, so all advice welcome...
Cheers,
Ben.
1995 306 1.4.
john green

Post by john green »

Hi Mate,
I used to live in Wimbledon ( nowin durham) and used to go to a place called southfields citroen. A small independent garage who were based near to Southfileds station. Not sure if they are still there but they were superb with citroens and peugeots
John
Ben83
My Cars:

Post by Ben83 »

Thanks, John.
I've found a place called "Southfields Garage", just off a Kimber Road, about half a mile from Southfields station. Could that be it?
Cheers,
Ben.
1995 306 1.4.
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

I’ve always been mistrusting of garages but since looking in E&M under Citroen spares and finding “Hard Ride Mobile”, I’ve never used anyone else. What this bloke Gareth doesn’t know or can’t do isn’t worth worrying about. Naturally he has an account with Andyspares.
He’s a one-man band based in Harrow who will travel all over London. Downside is he usually can’t come at short notice. I shouldn’t really post this because my wait times will become even longer! Tels: 0208 4226973, 07585 205177.
Ben83
My Cars:

Post by Ben83 »

Thanks for that, Bruce. I'll bear him in mind in future.
I've since had all three belts changed by the peugeot dealer in Morden for £105, which I was happy with.
Just for the record, they were friendly, prompt and didn't make me feel stupid, all of which are unusual in my experience. Plus they valeted the car (although I'd rather have paid less and washed her myself!)
Cheers,
Ben.
1995 306 1.4.