engine codes

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jerry
My Cars:

engine codes

Post by jerry »

Hi can any bodt tell me the engine code on my daughters peugeot 205 junior 1988 E reg 954cc,the haynes manual quotes xu5j xu51c tu series etc. its all a bit confusing as I am more used to working on Volkswagens!!
Thanks Jerry
Jon

Post by Jon »

If its a 954cc it should be a TU9 if its a 1988 car.There was an earlier version of this engine for cars >1988 and that was the XV8 engine.
To spot which engine you have: the later one (TU9) will have a black painted rocker cover, the earlier one is a laid back type engine with gearbox in the sump (like a mini).
Hope that this helps
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
jerry
My Cars:

Post by jerry »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
If its a 954cc it should be a TU9 if its a 1988 car.There was an earlier version of this engine for cars >1988 and that was the XV8 engine.
To spot which engine you have: the later one (TU9) will have a black painted rocker cover, the earlier one is a laid back type engine with gearbox in the sump (like a mini).
Hope that this helps
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>