help bleeding bx!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ssray
My Cars:

help bleeding bx!!!!

Post by ssray »

i have two pipes from the lhm res` that need replacing, i attempted to fix where i thought the leak was yesterday spliced in a new bit of hose from one of the curly bits underneath(i`m a supervisor not a mechanic,can you tell??)and it broke at the top when i had almost done it. :evil: .are these a pain in the bum? and how long should i send the wife,baby +dog out for ?
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

Found it!!!! over on citronz,looks like a pain,wife+kids i`ll send `em away for a week :oops:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

are we talking rubber hose or metal pipe,as i cant think which curly bit you mean,the only curly pipes are metal,and these are under high presure,so not realy adviserble to patch bits in
regards malcolm
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

it was the rubber hose that goes into the curly one
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'm with Malcolm here : ??? what hose ??? :lol:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

from the octo` there are 4 smaller bore hoses that go down past the cambelt behind and under the engine, the one i think was leaking connects to a curly pipe of which there are two,mine is the offside one.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

aaaaaah you mean the one that is a push fit on to a lager diamiter metal pipe just forward of the steering rack,this im prity sure is the main steering return pipe,and it would have split about half an inch away from the meta pipe it fits onto,it dose loose a lot of fluid quite rapidly,if it has not been repaired before you sould be able to undo the clip and cut of about half an inch,then refit it and it will be fine
regards malcolm
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

I tried that then it broke where it goes into the larger hose near the res` also another started to leak!!!! i think its a octo` replacment next friday, for my sins :(
Thanks Malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the octapusy is on top of the o/s end of front subframe,just behind the centre joint of the o/s drive shaft,it has 11 pipes going to and from it,if you have not done one before im sure you will enjoy doing it,i have done many,and i dont remove drive shaft or engine mount like some on here say to do,i just split the of side track rod and turn the steering hard to the left,this gives you more room to get your hand and pointed pliers around the back of the sub frame to plug in the two plastic pipes which come from the rear of the car,you also have two plastic pipes running across the front of front sub frame in a plastic sleave,i usualy fit those two first then the two that come from the rear end,once you have all 4 plastic pipes pluged in you can start routing the others
deep joy
regards malcolm
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

Depressed now :evil:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

dont cry there not that bad although you might think so by the time you have done your first one,its realy just a case of fiddely, lots of patiants and apidexterast hands that bend all directions
regards malcolm
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

I got a octo` from gsf yesterday but i dos`nt look much like what i have joined to the lhm resevour at the mo, am i missing something? are there extra bits of it that i need to get? or am i being thick?? :oops:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

there are other pipes in the system besides the octapussy,can you describe exactly which pipe is leaking and where abouts
regards malcolm
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

Sorry for the delay in replying,shift work=4 days off in arow every 4 weeks
octo` replaced yesterday,hose `b` arriving tommorow(fr of engine to pwr steering)think i have it licked :P god i hope so
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

Update= all finished today,what a pain in the a*s job,the octo was replaced in only about 6hrs then the other pipe(B) needed doing so i toddled off to my local main dealer i took the diagram i downloaded they could`nt find it so the faxed cit` tech and rang me back saying it was £12 and would be here next day,they rang they had a curly copper pipe not a large hydraulic type so they went back to cit` tech` and i went to the local parts place bought some connectors fuelpipe clips etc and repaired it myself, also on the joins i cleaned them with brake cleaner and used a epoxy type plumbing glue to seal them just in case then when i started her i STILL had a leak so i just chopped in some fuel hose.dont tell bx owners club but this will be my last. :twisted: