DS 7 Updater

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ilawjunior

Re: DS 7 Updater

Post by ilawjunior »

Hello

I download the DS Updater and i added 32gb usb and the ds Updater ask me for the vin i added and then it showing me the files for download and i pressed download after is formating the USB and moving the files into USB and when all that is finish it gives me a message successful,

I moved to car I added the USB I got the message you mentioned and after it showing for update it starts automatically with firmware with a restart of the touchscreen and all completed after is asking me to update the maps and I have to select which countries I want I did that and all sucess again but as I mention before I did for the second the firmware update all those updates happen with the running engine and start and stop switch off

It took me 2hours roughly
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So are you all up to date now?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
DS9
Donor 2024

Post by DS9 »

Just thought I'd post on here because I have just seen there is a DS9 map update available (15.0.0-r0) in my app. i think it runs the same system as the DS7.

GMAB- Have you any idea if there are any material changes to v 14? I'd be tempted not to rush to install it but if it got rid of the horrible yellow colour I'd be more tempted to do so.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, the yellow colour hasn't changed. It's the low emission zone indication.
As far as Firmware for the operating system is concerned, PSA / Stellantis, like Apple or most other companies don't issue lists of what the new firmware resolves, but is usually good practice to update your system to ensure you have the latest fixes that address known issues.

As for Map Updates, of course, like any Sat Nav map update, will contain new roads added, closed, 3D data for cities, new speed restrictions on roads, bypasses, etc., etc.. Remember that map data is still not 100% accurate as the data is collected throughout the previous year, compiled and updated for new releases. So the actual data may be 6 months to a year or longer out of date, as it takes that long to get each release out. So another reason why you should update the maps as soon as they are available.

Marc
DS9
Donor 2024

Post by DS9 »

Thanks Marc.

I agree with all that. Thanks for the clarification on the yellow btw.

If it was a firmware update I'd be on it straight away, but as it's maps.....and as I'm a stage where I'm using android auto and waze regularly these days I might not bother for the time being.

Just one question regarding the firmware.....I have been asked this by another DS9 owner on another forum. Do you know if there are any plans or any possibility if in due course if the "old" system on the DS9 (and perhaps DS7) could be upgraded to the new IRIS system? I wondered if it was possible or if the hardware wasn't up to standard?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's also available on other DS models like the DS 3, but as for upgrading, hard to say as these later systems are very much integrated into the vehicle's systems using advanced voice control and a personal assistant like Siri / Alexa. Updates are also done over the air, so this will likely present issues with authentication on vehicles that do not have the system installed from factory.

But I've learned never to say never on these things! Time will tell I guess.

Marc
DS9
Donor 2024

Post by DS9 »

Thanks.

Never say never is probably apt, and this is a hard one to call. My first line of thought was with the DS9 UK volumes being so low is it worth it?....then I thought I presume if it did occur it'd be for worldwide markets where overall volumes are higher, I'd expect close compatibility with a DS7 upgrade where volumes are even higher and all that would change if it did occur is the language setting.

I was going to ask the dealer when I took the car in last month but I don't want to see to be moaning about everything, especially as I have bigger fish to fry.
Danpricemal
New User

Post by Danpricemal »

Hi all,

Sorry to jump on this thread.

Purchased the DS7 69 plate yesterday, app tells me operating system has 'update available' 42.03.33.42_NAC-r0. When I go via the email link and enter my VIN there are no documents to download. Any idea what we are doing wrong?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There have been lots of these issues lately, contact Citroen directly and advise them of the problem. I think it has a lot to do with them introducing the new subscription system for map updates for vehicles bought from July 2023 onwards where map updates are no longer free. I'm aware of lots of problems with people using the MyCitroen / DS / Peugeot App advising of updates and not providing the actual valid links to the files.

Marc
GiDrA

Post by GiDrA »

Hello everyone,
Sorry for bringing this thread back from dead.
I have some questions regarding DS7 2018 and updating infotainment firmware (software) and navigation maps.
So far I think I have successfully updated firmware and maps 2-3 times, can not recall exactly.
Current software version is on 44.06.44.22_NAC-r0 and for map is 14.0.0 (14.01.2023).
Month ago I have ran DS Update app on Windows laptop (as usually) and selected my existing profile (vin) and nothing has been presented, no new downloads… just a basic update for the DS Update app itself, which I did.

Does this mean that my “hidden” support for downloading and updating infotainment software and navigation maps expired or indeed there is nothing new to be downloaded from the last time? How I would know that? For how long it is free, and how to extend or update these 2 things?

My DS7 is 2018, I am second owner, it was originally bought in France.
Never used MyDS iOS app as my AppStore accounts are either US or Serbia, and non are offering that app for these regions… I might try changing country to some other (which one would you advise in order to download MyDS app?).

Edit: I have just checked and these are the actual versions:
- infotainment system software version 44.07.05.22_NAC-r0 (date 2023-01-31)
- maps navigation version 15.0.0 (date 07/07/2023)

Thank you,
Dragoslav