Change language RT3

This is the RT3 unit and was made by Magneti Marelli
The RT3 was available in a few different hardware versions, the later ones supporting MP3 playback. These units had an optical connection to the Display Screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

LanciaPhedra2004

Re: Change language RT3

Post by LanciaPhedra2004 »

As I managed to get cd unit working again by swapping it for another one, I changed language from Italian to English with the 5.5 cd I had. However I’m wondering whether you have soft with polish language?

Version of my current soft is 5.5D
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not unless it is one of the languages supported at the time the software was written. They don't support or update these units now as they're too old.

However if you have the V5.5 then it is a VAN Network system. I checked the versions I have and when opening up the 5.50 to 5.95 Upgrade CD, I see that there are the following:
files listed within the ISO:
polish lang.png
If the one shown with 'PO' is Polish, then that language may be available, but equally, it may just be info regarding the mapping CDs and nothing more. The only languages available will
be what are shown when you opt to choose the language when it asks you to input the firmware CD.

Let me know if you require the firmware upgrade CD Link.
I have:
V5.50 to v5.95
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
LanciaPhedra2004

Post by LanciaPhedra2004 »

Po probably stands for Portugal. I would expect PL for Poland . Anyway, is there some major difference in these two soft versions ?
Not sure if I need it if I’m after language change that is unavailable in newer version.

Anyway, I would like to congratulate for an outstanding forum where I found loads of useful information
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unless there's a need to update, leave your unit as it is, as there have been issues with people updating only to find something was affected they couldn't fix.

Agree about the language. It will be on your existing Firmware CD if available.

Marc
howks

Post by howks »

Hey lads!

Recently became owner of Peugeot 407 2006 and it came with German language on it's RT3. Of course no CD in sight and I want it changed to English as it pokes my eyes as I drive :lol:

Attaching photo of version info, appreciate any help and tips!

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@howks: Check your Private Messages.

Marc
C8cro

Post by C8cro »

Hello,
I have Citroen C8 year 2004, with Franch menu, unfortunately I dont understand Franch. When I try to change a language it is asking me for a configuration CD. Can you please help me with that?
Thank you :)
Attachments
IMG_20240226_204402.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so be careful as you have the VAN version, so make sure your Firmware begins with V5.**

I'll send you a link for V5.55 via Private Message

Marc
C8cro

Post by C8cro »

Hey. Thank you for a conf file. I have burned cd image to disc and tried it. It is still asking me for a conf cd. I tried inserting cd in a radio unit and in cd changer. Is there some kind of procedure for an update?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The Firmware / System CD only works in the main Head Unit. It will not work in the CD Changer.

Did you finalise the Disc properly and use a CD-R Disc?
When you burned the image, can you see all the files on the CD from the PC listed?

Marc
C8cro

Post by C8cro »

Thank you for your respond, I found another topic her on forum on simular problem.
I will try to burn a cd again on slowest setting and select option to verify data after burning.
I will post a results here.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

• Do not burn at more than 4X Burn Speed as this can cause file corruption.
  • Be aware that Windows may not burn the image properly - suggest using Daemon Tools or Nero.
  • Use a CD-R and finalise the Disc afterwards.
  • ALWAYS Remove the SIM Card in the RT3 before you begin the firmware update (an incoming call can brick the system during the update).
  • Important! The CD will be ejected several times throughout the update - do not be tempted to eject or remove the CD, switch off the car or do anything while it is updating.
The system will switch itself off and eject the CD several times, restart and carry on. Wait until it has completely finished, so be prepared to wait.

Marc
C8cro

Post by C8cro »

Ok. So I burned it again at 10x speed (lowest I could go) and it worked. I now have English menu :)
Soft ver. Is still 5.5 but I dont mind that. Thank you for your help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Great - now keep the CD safe as you'll need it if you want to change Male / Female Voice and some other settings.

Marc
btomi73

Post by btomi73 »

Hello everyone!
I would like to change the language on a Peugeot 807 RT3 head unit.
Preferably to Hungarian, but English is also acceptable. My software version 6.63
Thank you very much!