Bosch Pump Question

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Bosch Pump Question

Post by evilally »

As part of other works, I'll have the fuel pump off my car so I thought I'd fit the fresh out the wrapper Bosch that I have on the shelf. The first task was to de-armour and remove the immobiliser, which didn't look like a pleasant task. However the pump I have seems to be a little different to the one in CitroJim's guide, and certainly a bit different to the other pump I'd removed an immobiliser from previously. That one had the immobiliser screwed to the pump body with 2 recessed security bolts covered with glue (those were a right s**t). This one only had one security bolt on the armour which gave up with a couple of taps with a chisel and came out easily, the immobiliser came away with the armour:

.....it all seems a little too easy. Will it work ok do you think?
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Bosch Pump Question

Post by CitroJim »

It'll work out fine Ally - just take 12v to the stop solenoid and you'll be absolutely fine :-D

That armour came off nice and easy!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I've done that type too. The only concern I had was the 'cap' on the solenoid, as the solenoid did not have any threads just a plain shaft and I was unhappy that the 'cap' would stay on so I replaced the solenoid and then the usual piece of cable with (soldered and heatshrunk) eyelet.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

Thanks guys, that's my weekend's entertainment sorted!
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.