Xantia V6 ES9J4 - Oil pump inspection values?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Renanek9

Xantia V6 ES9J4 - Oil pump inspection values?

Post by Renanek9 »

Hello friends

I would like your help. Could anyone of you provide the "clearance" values due to wear of the ES9J4 (Xantia V6) oil pump impellers?

I would like to check this clearance, using a feeler gauge, to make sure that I won't have (and that I still don't have) problems.

The engine has only 90.000 km (ORGA 08219 CJ)

I'm used to working with Honda engines, and in their service manuals they offer conference data, as in the example below:
2222.JPG

I looked for this information, but only found oil pressures. Since the bomb is outside the car, I would like to take advantage of the opportunity.

An illustrative video of my pump is below:

Thank you!
Xantia Ph 2 Activa V6 - 7681CJ / VH000121
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Xantia V6 ES9J4 - Oil pump inspection values?

Post by xantia_v6 »

The only official technical document that I have is: https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/TechDocs/X ... 201997.pdf

On page 9 it gives an illustration of the oil pump without dimensions.

Note that in normal operation the oil pump rotor is held in a central position by the crankshaft, so cannot float around as shown in your video. To measure the oil pump wear, you need to open up the oil pump and position the rotor as shown so that the rotor and stator teeth are aligned as shown and use a feeler gauge between the tips of the teeth (although we still don't have a spec for this measurement).

I have never heard of an ES9 engine with an oil pressure problem, so I would think that a simple visual inspection of the components for abnormal wear should be sufficient.
Renanek9

Re: Xantia V6 ES9J4 - Oil pump inspection values?

Post by Renanek9 »

xantia_v6 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:42 The only official technical document that I have is: https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/TechDocs/X ... 201997.pdf

On page 9 it gives an illustration of the oil pump without dimensions.

Note that in normal operation the oil pump rotor is held in a central position by the crankshaft, so cannot float around as shown in your video. To measure the oil pump wear, you need to open up the oil pump and position the rotor as shown so that the rotor and stator teeth are aligned as shown and use a feeler gauge between the tips of the teeth (although we still don't have a spec for this measurement).

I have never heard of an ES9 engine with an oil pressure problem, so I would think that a simple visual inspection of the components for abnormal wear should be sufficient.
Great my friend! Thank you very much!!!

I will have to find another pump to "compare" and create some reference for my own... if we do not have any OFFICIAL information
Xantia Ph 2 Activa V6 - 7681CJ / VH000121