Abs errors

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peugeot508gt

Abs errors

Post by Peugeot508gt »

Hi guys, thanks for letting use this forum. I just wanted a little advice if I may. Cut a long story short I had some discs and pads fitted to my Peugeot 508gt 2.2 last year that was very poor performance, handbrake struggling to hold, brake fade was terrible so i replaced them the other day. I took the electronic handbrake off, jacked the car up, removed all the bolts changed the disc and then the pads. I rewound the calliper piston back using the screw tool. Put it all back together, pumped the footbrake and started her up. Few seconds later I started getting error messages including the dreaded stop sign, esp/asr hand brake failure, abs and anti roll back errors come up. I did a bsi reset and all went quiet but soon as I started driving again it would light up again. Took it to garage and they said he tried to reset error codes but won’t and looks like gonna need a new pump as I should have used a diagnostic to do the brakes. I have done brakes before this way and no trouble so don’t quite believe this so I took it to another garage where he come back with c1385 electro valves voltage supply fault and u1802 vehicle speed information fault codes and he said looked like there something wrong electrically. So had a look at the wiring but couldn’t see anything wrong without testing. What would you guys do next? I’m thinking it’s gonna have to go to a Peugeot dealer next to pin point it, but I know we are talking possibly into thousands to get it right. Would you guys always use diagnostic to do 5he brakes? Please let me know any thoughts please? Thank you
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Re: Abs errors

Post by Huskyxantia »

Check abs pump plug socket connections . Then follow the loom back , also abs sensor clearance can get messed up with over winter driving so cneck them aswell.
Husky. :?
Peugeot508gt

Post by Peugeot508gt »

Huskyxantia wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 21:01 Check abs pump plug socket connections . Then follow the loom back , also abs sensor clearance can get messed up with over winter driving so cneck them aswell.
thankyou for your help m8. i think i have found the issue! I pulled out a few relays but they looked as good as new. so did the spare battery test on them to hear the clicking and checked the resistance and all was ok. Pulled off as many connectors as i could and all looked clean and new, they looked sealed anyways so didn't pursue. Again got to the abs pump connector and looked ok inside so i started looking at fuses. everyone looked ok bar one that was on top of the battery. There was two small blade fuses and the one at the front was a 20amp that was corroded, so borrowed one from somewhere else and started car and abs errors went away believe it or not. I have tried to find online some helpful fuse/relay schematics but no luck unfortunately so was all a bit blind bambi. Really pleased that that was all it was but really bad luck it happened after i changed the discs!! :-D
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Great job .
Husky. :?