BSI reset in a Spacetourer

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PepeAravaca

BSI reset in a Spacetourer

Post by PepeAravaca »

Hello.
I bought a new battery to replace the old one in a Citroen Spacetourer (bus, 2019). Had I known before all the hassles, I would have it serviced in a car workshop.
I have already managed to phisically install it thanks to this post: viewtopic.php?t=74266

Now I have to get the Start/Stop back working, so I was considering Givemeabreak's post on 'BSI reset': viewtopic.php?t=61997
But I have some doubts:
  • I changed from EFB to a AGM, will a BSI reset solve this change as well?
  • Mine is a keyless fob, will the BSI reset unpair it from the vehicle?
  • Appart from cleaning historical data and date, will this reset unconfigure anything else?
  • One of the steps says 'switch on the side lights only'. Are they the 4 flashing lights? If not, which are they?
Thanks in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: BSI reset in a Spacetourer

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) You should replace like for like - so you should have fitted an EFB of the same specifications.
2) A BSI reset will change nothing to do with the type battery - not sure what you are suggesting there is to 'solve' here?
3) A BSI does not unpair anything. But follow the guide to reinitialise the hands free fob as specified in the guide - follow the relevant section.
4) As Said above a BSI reset does nothing with regards to configuration - read the article.
5) The sidelights are operated manually by switching to the first setting
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
PepeAravaca

Post by PepeAravaca »

1) Now I know it, but coming from an old non-intelligent car, I thoght it would be like changing batteries on a TV remote. So I bought an 'upgraded' one before reading or asking. Ignorance is reckless #-o
2) 'Solve' = Have Start-Stop working again. I guess I will have to update the battery type configuration with a diagbox cable
3) & 4) OK
5) Now it's clear to me (in Spain they are called position or parking lights, hence my confussion)
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

No issue upgrading from an EFB to AGM.
If i Had a car that had an OEM EFB I would definitely upgrade it to AGM when it needed replaced.

But if the original fitment was AGM you cant fit an EFB as this is a lower spec battery.
In my experience neither EFB or AGM have anywhere near as long a lifespan as a regular flooded battery but AGM's seem to have a better lifespan than EFB.
PepeAravaca

Post by PepeAravaca »

In my case, I upgraded from EFB to AGM and it seems Start-Stop refuses to act.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Stop Start required multiple conditions before it will work, apart from the battery charge being at least 80% charged. Also, after replacing the battery on these vehicles, the system need to calibrate the state of the battery for a while - usually overnight without you opening any doors or anything. The Climate control system also recalibrates after a battery disconnection, which can take some time.

But back to Stop Start specifically, the outside temperature, battery charge, the amount of electrical accessories or equipment in use, like climate control, charging phones, etc, state of the seat belt connections, number of stop start cycles, doors open etc., all have an impact on the system.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc