207cc roof problem.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

u8myufo

207cc roof problem.

Post by u8myufo »

Thanks for the acceptance.

Had a problem with the roof last year with it not going up properly. At first it raised about quarter of the way and just stopped, put it back down and tried again, this time it raised a bit further. To cut a longs story I had a guy test it with his diagnostic whilst I operated the roof. It folded down ok and whilst lifting it back up it got about three quarters of the way and stopped. As he applied a bit of light pressure uder the roof to aid it it then carried on and closed. We did that two or three times, each time it was showing that all micro swithces were operating as they should. When I got back home I operated it 3 times again with no problem, next morning exact same thing.

Throughout testing it there were no strange noises and neither did the pump sound as if it was struggling. The hydraulic fluid is clean and is up to it`s level, I have taken all the trim out and as far as I can see there is no fluid leaking from any of the pipes. I am wondering if it`s a simple case of a sticking valve or a split seal within the pump which is the cause? I did see mentioned somewhere that there is one particular pipe up inside that is prone to creasing due to where it is clipped on a bit of a bend, cannot find that info now. Does anybody have any thoughts at all? When the weather dries up a bit I am thinking of perhaps taking a punt on a used pump unit and see if that cures it.

Thanks for any help regarding this.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 207cc roof problem.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's possible that either the hydraulic pump for the electric hood is failing, but to be honest there are too many elements to this system, any one of which could be responsible. There are a myriad number of fault codes for this system, so the best thing you can do is get it hooked up to Diagbox / PP2000 depending on age of the vehicle and provide any and all fault codes you are getting along with your VIN and we might be able to localise the issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
u8myufo

Post by u8myufo »

@GiveMeABreak Like I say, I hooked up with a guy from Peugeot Planet FB group who had the kit to test it, no faults at all showing for the operation of the roof, either opening or closing. Oh well!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I appreciate that, but apart from a logged fault, you can undertake a lot of live tests and check the live data, especially from the sensors, so you would be able to see what is happening when you attempt to close the roof and fails to do so. That may show a problem that won't necessarily result in a fault code.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

From the description, I think that the pressure relief valve (assuming it has one) in the pump is sticking or has a weak spring.

I would suggest trying a replacement pump if you can find one at a reasonable price.

If you are more mechanically inclined, you could strip and inspect your current pump.
u8myufo

Post by u8myufo »

@xantia_v6 Thanks, I am leaning towards the pump being the problem one way or another. I understand what GiveMeABreak was saying, all I know is that when he ran the test it was showing each and every microswitch operating in sequence before moving on to the next microswitch. Other than that I am not sure what other data can be looked at. Hopefully if dry at the weekend I will take it out and strip it down, if there is a slit seal or try and find a replacement spring if needed. You can obviously purchase refurb pumps so parts must be available from somewhere, but if those become hard to find then yeh i`ll see if I can get a used one cheap off a scrap car. I did contact a company who refurbs them and asked if I could just send mine in and pay to have it refurbished, but they were not interested, obviously because if you buy a refurb from them you have to send them the old pump which they refurb and sell on a again.
u8myufo

Post by u8myufo »

xantia_v6 Fitted a used unit from Ebay, £54 inc postage, fitted it this morning and working like a dream. Thanks for the help.