Android unit on Peugeot 308 2010 - Microphone doubt

This section is for information and posts relating to Audio Head Units, and Navigation Systems

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Android unit on Peugeot 308 2010 - Microphone doubt

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You're going to have to improvise, probably going from the roof console out to the windscreen headlining and down the A pillar into the BSI area through the end of the dashboard panels and through into the centre console to wherever you're intending to connect it.

A word of caution though - do not wire anything in front of the A pillar wiring or in front of the right and left sides of the headlinings in the roof, as this is where the curtain airbags and their igniters are stored. If these go off and you have wires in front of them, it will act as cheese wire and have the potential to cause serious damage to anything in it's path.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
MrDaga

Post by MrDaga »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 09:09 You're going to have to improvise, probably going from the roof console out to the windscreen headlining and down the A pillar into the BSI area through the end of the dashboard panels and through into the centre console to wherever you're intending to connect it.

A word of caution though - do not wire anything in front of the A pillar wiring or in front of the right and left sides of the headlinings in the roof, as this is where the curtain airbags and their igniters are stored. If these go off and you have wires in front of them, it will act as cheese wire and have the potential to cause serious damage to anything in it's path.
Huge piece of advise! Thanks a lot for that warning! I'll let you know of the result when done.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

The diagram above show the microphone (#8242) has 2 wires which run (in the harness) to the original hands-free box (#84B4) pins 8 and 9. If you locate that box with the 18 pin blue connector under the dashboard (on the left, near the head unit), you can extend the wires from there.

If you do run a new cable, you should be able to follow the path of the existing wiring harness by unclipping the A pillar trim and the removable cover on the end of the dashboard. That is what I did on our 308 CC (although I know the trim on that is different to yours).